Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • winkywoo
    • Dec 2014

Will fin stop my hair loss if...

I'm 19. NW 2.5. Very very early stage of thinning on top and vertex. I'm going to jump on fin but wanted to know if this is just a pointless idea because my hairloss is aggressive. Might it still slow it down or stop it? Or am i just doing something pointless. Convincing my derm to go on dut is nearly impossible so it's really the only option I have. Anyone else out there had hair loss similar to me at a young age and resolved it with fin? Thanks.
  • KO1
    • Jan 2012

Yes dude. Even if it doesn't you will still have far more hair than otherwise

Comment

• winkywoo
      • Dec 2014

Originally posted by KO1
      Yes dude. Even if it doesn't you will still have far more hair than otherwise
      Cool. Thanks man. Fin it is.

Comment

• Grefer
        • May 2015

what is the failure rate? nearly zero?

Comment

• winkywoo
          • Dec 2014

Originally posted by Grefer
          what is the failure rate? nearly zero?
          Is it? I'm not sure. I hear more people slagging the drug off than praising it. Im very glad to hear that it's low though. I'll be starting on Tuesday.

Comment

• Agustin Araujo
            • Feb 2015

Originally posted by winkywoo
            Is it? I'm not sure. I hear more people slagging the drug off than praising it. Im very glad to hear that it's low though. I'll be starting on Tuesday.
            Finasteride will stop hair loss in over 85-90 percent of men who take the medication, it's really one of the best treatments for MPB. There are many men who take it without any problems.

I take 0.5 mg of Dutasteride daily and I haven't experienced any adverse effects.

Comment

• Artista
              • Apr 2010

Hi Winkywoo!

Welcome to our forum!
              Yes, there is a good % of a chance that Finasteride can possibly HELP you !!
              You have gotten some good responses here..
              Check out my thread on my use of Finasteride, started in 2013.
              This is page 18 of my thread..it has a couple of my pictures...so does page 15

Hello everyone, After having doing extensive research on the usage of Finasteride (brand names Proscar and Propecia by Merck, among other generic names), as well as reading the experiences here on the forum and after talking directly to men that have taken it, I consulted with my regular doctor. He and I have never spoke of

Hello everyone, After having doing extensive research on the usage of Finasteride (brand names Proscar and Propecia by Merck, among other generic names), as well as reading the experiences here on the forum and after talking directly to men that have taken it, I consulted with my regular doctor. He and I have never spoke of

If you have time Winkywoo, read 'Artista and Finasteride' from the beginning.
              Cheers to you bro!

Comment

• brocktherock
                • Dec 2013

Brother get on finasteride and don't let people scare you. If I hadn't waited so long I could have saved my hair. Try it and remember that many of the people had the placebo effect with sides. If it doesn't work then quit but try and give it a chance. You could still enjoy your 20's and maybe more

Comment

• winkywoo
                  • Dec 2014

Originally posted by brocktherock
                  Brother get on finasteride and don't let people scare you. If I hadn't waited so long I could have saved my hair. Try it and remember that many of the people had the placebo effect with sides. If it doesn't work then quit but try and give it a chance. You could still enjoy your 20's and maybe more
                  Thanks so much man. This gives me hope. Enjoying my 20s sounds damn good.. Going to the derm on Tuesday! Can't wait to start.

Comment

• Artista
                    • Apr 2010

Winkywoo That's GREAT that you will give it a chance to HELP you !
                    As I've said , DO NOT focus on it nor become stressed over it.
                    You WILL experience some type of improvement
                    More than likely NO 'Sides' from it either!!
                    Keep us informed bro' !!

Comment

• winkywoo
                      • Dec 2014

Originally posted by Artista
                      Winkywoo That's GREAT that you will give it a chance to HELP you !
                      As I've said , DO NOT focus on it nor become stressed over it.
                      You WILL experience some type of improvement
                      More than likely NO 'Sides' from it either!!
                      Keep us informed bro' !!
                      I most definitely will! Thank you for your help!!

Comment

• RanDave
                        • Nov 2014

I'm 19. NW 2.5. Very very early stage of thinning on top and vertex. I'm going to jump on fin but wanted to know if this is just a pointless idea because my hairloss is aggressive. Might it still slow it down or stop it? Or am i just doing something pointless.
                        You are on the right way! The sooner you start the treatment, the better. As it was mentioned Fin will stop your hair loss and you will not reach NW4 for a long time.

Comment

• brocktherock
                          • Dec 2013

I've been on RU for over a year then started the big 3 a few months ago. My shedding has stopped now Im shelling out several thousand for a HT with Rahal. I could have traveled the world with that money if I started at 19. You're in a better boat than me too because there is actually treatments on the pipeline. When you're 25-30 there will be better stuff out. Just don't psych yourself out with sides, if you worry about performance then you will always have problems with performance.

Comment

• winkywoo
                            • Dec 2014

Today I started my Finasteride journey! I've been put on 1mg once daily. I'm so relieved.

Comment

• Johny41
                              • Dec 2014

Today I started my Finasteride journey! I've been put on 1mg once daily. I'm so relieved.
                              Good luck!
                              By the way, do you know that the results are visible after the 3-6 months of treatment?

Comment

Working...