+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by rdawg View Post
    I was shedding like crazy before starting din, was very noticeable, within a few weeks of starting fun that shedding stopped. They shedding continues but at a very slow pace. I started at nw2.5ish and I'm now a nw3 diffuse 4 years later, but honestly then change hasn't been dramatic I look them same as I did at 20 I'm 23 now. Do find first. If loss continues and you don't have sides switch to sit. I'm 8 months into dut I'd say it's stabilized but I'm not sure yet
    Gotcha. Thanks so much for your help. I've noticed less hair loss already, and I'm only on week 1. I'm also on Accutane though which is known to cause thinning, but it grows back, so some hair loss can be from that. Sticking with fin for a year and then see how it goes.

Hair loss is an issue of which great care is taken if not solved on time. If the issue gives rise to more hair loss then you must go for an immediate care or therapy for the hair. Liverpool clinic which I know. like theskinandhairclinic from where my brother had done it from might have the solutions for your hair fall. He was also facing problems similar to yours. He went there and got his treatment done and was satisfied after that.So I wish you all the best and you can go ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by winkywoo View Post
    Gotcha. Thanks so much for your help. I've noticed less hair loss already, and I'm only on week 1. I'm also on Accutane though which is known to cause thinning, but it grows back, so some hair loss can be from that. Sticking with fin for a year and then see how it goes.
    I would just pretend its a vitamin and not even think about hair again unless some major side effect showed up. Maybe take a few pictures at the year mark to compare back to base. If sides do show up you wont have any doubts about it and you can go back to your doc or whoever. Bottom line is just forget about it because your in it for the long haul hopefully and your doing all that can be done. Starting fin now your in a good spot because before it loses effectiveness other things will be coming out in a few years

Quote Originally Posted by burtandernie View Post
    I would just pretend its a vitamin and not even think about hair again unless some major side effect showed up.
    THIS is the right mentality. Think of it as a daily vitamin, that's it. If you get sides down the line, you can re-examine, but finasteride will be highly anticlimactic. You likely won't grow hair like crazy nor will you likely experience any horrible sides....just slowing down of your hair loss.

Quote Originally Posted by burtandernie View Post
    I would just pretend its a vitamin and not even think about hair again unless some major side effect showed up. Maybe take a few pictures at the year mark to compare back to base. If sides do show up you wont have any doubts about it and you can go back to your doc or whoever. Bottom line is just forget about it because your in it for the long haul hopefully and your doing all that can be done. Starting fin now your in a good spot because before it loses effectiveness other things will be coming out in a few years
    Cool. Thank you! I basically have been thinking of it that way and not thinking much of it, but for some reason I can't seem to stay away from this forum! Haha. I'm on the big 3 right now. I'm doing everything that's currently possible to fight hairloss, so I really shouldn't need to think about it anymore. I hear you.

Quote Originally Posted by KO1 View Post
    THIS is the right mentality. Think of it as a daily vitamin, that's it. If you get sides down the line, you can re-examine, but finasteride will be highly anticlimactic. You likely won't grow hair like crazy nor will you likely experience any horrible sides....just slowing down of your hair loss.
    if you get sides though wont it be too late? even fi you stop it may not end