+ Reply to Thread

Thumbs up Trying hard, altough need help :)

I'm 19 years old and I started drastically losing my hair when I was 17 years of age. I used to have long fine brown hair ( a lot of it ). Here is a pic of what it used to be
    Now It is very far from this ^
    I have been through some very heavy clinical depression, however have managed to bring myself to a stable condition by taking steps to a positive mind-set. I have lost the youthful energy that I once carried with me, and Im desperately trying to rid of all the negativity that I have built over the last two years and regain my life. My pattern of hair loss is unknown to me, I have thinned out all over severely an have receded a little bit. I know to some people it may be considered vain to walk down the non-surgical hair replacement path however I'm tired of all the stress over fighting my hair loss and I'm tired of having to be strong. I know there are some realistic hair pieces out there, and even though I don't have the money yet. I want to know if anyone can tell me where I can get hold of a full-cap hair replacement system that looks decent. Im in Australia, so I don't think we have much here as far as replacement systems go, but I'm not sure. I don't mind it it kills my existing hair follicles, as long as it works. thankyou everyone for reading my story

Hey man,

If you have diffused thinning all over it might not be male pattern baldness, so it is important to speak to a doctor. It sounds like you are a mess...Is this mostly because of hair loss or many reasons?

Getting a toupee right now might just be an impulse to want to cover up. That impulse will fade as you start to get a bit older and more comfortable with yourself. A young kid like you should not have to wear a hair piece, and even the best ones can be noticeable.

Another thing is that if you have only been losing your hair for 2 years, most of the follicles will still be alive, just in smaller stages of their life. You should talk to a doctor. If you get on Propecia and rogaine(or just Propecia to start), you have a very good chance of seeing your hair thicken up really nicely! It did for me. I am so happy I got on it.

I would also get on some good vitamins, like a green supplement with spirulina. This will fill in all you vit and mineral gaps, give you energy and a better outlook on life. Also healthier skin and hair.

One last word: Don't do anything harsh. You are probably very unstable right now because of the way you are feeling. The only way you can get better is if you try to clear up your thinking, and not let your depression and anger create your decisions for you. It is very common to go through a phase like this at your age. I know I did and things just got better as I got older(I am 28 now). Don't think to your self that you need to throw everything away. Just be patient, and try to understand your own mind. Over time you will. And with your hair loss, get on propecia and rogaine, and nizoral shampoo every couple days. STICK with it. Choose a dosage with your doctor that would be effective for you, and do not alter it until you are sure you need to. it takes time, but your best weapon is an unchanging routine with this stuff.

I am not a doctor or anything like that, but I really hope that you start to feel better, and regain the control of your life that is rightfully yours.

Good luck.

IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon Dr. Glenn Charles's Avatar

I agree that you should have a medical work up to rule out a abnormality that could be corrected before you commit to a hair system. If the doctor cannot find any medical problems you may want to research a hair system call Virtual Reality. They are the most undetectable systems I have ever seen. If you do decide to try a hair system I recommend that you do not use the bonding glue which will eventually destroy any good hair underneath. Instead I would use some sort of clips that can be rotated on a regular basis which would help to preserve the hair follicles.
    Dr. Glenn Charles
    Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
    View my IAHRS Profile

thanks for the feedback guys, I'm trying hard to stay positive Iv learned one important thing is that we choose the way we feel, by choosing what we think and do. Now I'm trying to actualize it.