+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default REAL results from natural topical Hairmetto + Pura D'Or shampoo

Hi all. Been a lurker for a while so apologies for the first post that probably looks like possible spam. Been thinning slowly from the vertex to the front for approx 10 years and hairline been slowly receding for about 6 of those, more so on the left side than the right. I've been lucky to have had slow progression as this started at 18 (i'm 28 now) so I feel lucky to not be NW5+ by now. Have tried natural topicals like Revivogen and Lamas Chinese Herbs with no noticeable success and have given up trying anything for years really. Anyway after coming across a study with topical saw palmetto which claimed a bit of success I did some searching for an actual product and settled on one called Hairmetto (pic of ingredients below) which I imported from Canada. At the same time I ordered Pura D'or Gold shampoo as I wanted to give a keto shampoo a proper try too.
    Anyway fast forward 2 months and against what I thought would happen I have quite a few NEW TERMINAL HAIRS. Which is mad really, considering how short a time frame that is. Anyway here is a photo of my left temple (make sure to zoom in) :

http://s29.postimg.org/icctm6luf/Scr...3_12_16_34.png

NONE of those short hairs were there two months ago besides the one right at the bottom which for some reason stuck around from my original hairline. As you can imagine I am hugely surprised by this as I didn't expect much or anything really. But i'm thrilled with the progress so far and am excited to see where I stand after 6 months etc. I really apologise for not having a before pic, but I wasn't expecting much success so I didn't really think to take one, sorry guys.

Here are the products:

http://s22.postimg.org/i2ry8q3ox/201...121755_HDR.jpg

http://s17.postimg.org/oab5kaqv3/201...121844_HDR.jpg

Unfortunately I started using both at the same time so it's impossible to know which had what effect etc, sorry.

Anyway i'll answer any questions anyone has. Cheers guys!

Alex

To help you isolate which one helped more - I know your mileage may vary, but I started using Pura D'or Gold a couple of months back (at least 6-7 months) and use it at least 5 times a week. No new hairs from it, but it definitely has done something (hair feels slightly thicker + less shed). I convinced a buddy to get on it too, and he noticed slightly thicker hair. So maybe your hairmetto was contributing to the rest. Any sheds / side effects from the hairmetto?

Cheers man. Well it does have a hell of an ingredients list!
    No sides from the Hairmetto as of yet. I only actually apply it to my hairline at the moment as I wanted to ascertain effectiveness there before I used it on my whole head. Interestingly, I can only see new hairs on the hairline so that leads me more towards thinking the Hairmetto is the main thing working.

I apply the Hairmetto at night and wash it out in the morning if anyone was wondering. It's very oily so not really suitable to have on during the day.

Someone with 2 posts and another with 27 saying shampoo works. I lost count of the amount of shampoos that could help with MPB that usually dont. They all have one thing in common... over priced with not much evidence they do much of anything except carry a nice buzz word ingredient list. Lets see the shampoo probably has saw palmetto, caffeine, zinc and a bunch of other random stuff. I have never seen a shampoo do more than clean your hair. Niz or keto is probably the only thing with even minor evidence it helps a little.

I explained why I only have a couple of posts. Although I can see your point, it's pretty bad timing to join on my part.
    I'll take an updated photo once it improves further in a month or two anyway. In the meantime I'm willing to do anything you can suggest to prove I'm genuine. Hit me with ideas!

And to address the shampoo issue, I agree it's much less likely to be that as we've all tried shampoos with little result and they're only on for a couple of minutes like you say. I only felt I should mention the shampoo as I started it at the same time so I can't be 100% that it hasn't played a part. I wish I hadn't done it this way as I'd probably save myself a bunch of money but oh well.
    The topical is on my head for at least 8 hours so it's more likely to be that.

Lol, 27 posts means nothing bad nor good in your context. I've been using this forum for a while now, never saw a need to post. But, I started trialing AAPE, which could potentially help people (also to let people know how easily you can buy it contrary to what people thought), so I signed up to the forum to document it.

Results are results. I've never used minox, fin, etc. I've stuck with oils, supplements, recently PRP, and now AAPE. I just know that Pura D'Or hasn't stopped anything, but my hair feels slightly thicker and shedding has been somewhat less. Not mindblowing, but something. It does have keto, so minor differences aren't surprising.

Albalmal, did you have any side effects?

None so far matey

Quote Originally Posted by nofintowin View Post
    Lol, 27 posts means nothing bad nor good in your context. I've been using this forum for a while now, never saw a need to post. But, I started trialing AAPE, which could potentially help people (also to let people know how easily you can buy it contrary to what people thought), so I signed up to the forum to document it.

Results are results. I've never used minox, fin, etc. I've stuck with oils, supplements, recently PRP, and now AAPE. I just know that Pura D'Or hasn't stopped anything, but my hair feels slightly thicker and shedding has been somewhat less. Not mindblowing, but something. It does have keto, so minor differences aren't surprising.
    Credibility comes with experience and reputation on a forum where that is arguably all you have to convince someone to care what you say. If someone makes a new account and starts linking random products saying they work I mean its suspicious at best.
    You want credibility? Post a lot and be on the forums on a long time there is no other shortcut to credibility except build reputation in an online forum. A new account doesnt show that to me but it doesnt mean your lying either.

Quote Originally Posted by burtandernie View Post
    Credibility comes with experience and reputation on a forum where that is arguably all you have to convince someone to care what you say. If someone makes a new account and starts linking random products saying they work I mean its suspicious at best. There is no shortage of snake oil salesmen on forums and they all have stories of how product X worked for them. Snake oil salesman wont have huge post counts because it takes too much time to do.
    How long does the credibility work regarding drugs or natural?
    The drugs have a life time expand since they are approved for a reason, but natural has to work directly and with scientific proof behind it?