Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • winkywoo
    • Dec 2014

Question about Propecia.

Hi guys. As the title says I have a question about Propecia. I'd like to know how long it exactly works.

Say for instance a 19 year old who is a nw2.5 with pretty agressive MPB didn't treat his balding and just left it alone. Let's say he would be a nw4 by the time he's 24. If he jumped on the big 3, when would he expect to be a nw4? I know obviously nobody can give me exact answers, but Im asking roughly. If they were a good responder, when would the be a nw4?

Thanks!
  • jamesst11
    • Jun 2014

If they were a really good responder they may never be a NW4, hell it's even possible that with fin and minox they could revert back to a NW1 (unlikely though). If they were an average responder, meaning that their body reacted to the drug in a way that allowed them to maintain their hair they might stay a NW2-3 for the next 15-20 years... It's variable for everyone. The best thing to do is consult your doctor. If they prescribe you finasteride, my personal suggestion, is to take it slow in the beginning (1-1.25 mg EOD) and monitor the side effects carefully for a month or two and then perhaps start taking it everyday. You will know after about 8-10 months how you respond to it. I have finished my second month and sides are very minimal. I don't see any regrowth yet.

Comment

• joel203
      • Jun 2014

I too would like an answer to this

Comment

• robincurtz
        • Jan 2015

I was balding very aggressively but I delayed it by 4 years using finasteride and later dutasteride.I am not a good responder that's y delayed it for only 4yers.

Comment

• joel203
          • Jun 2014

Originally posted by robincurtz
          I was balding very aggressively but I delayed it by 4 years using finasteride and later dutasteride.I am not a good responder that's y delayed it for only 4yers.
          you balding a lot slower now on dut? I think stopping hair loss for 4 years is quite good..

Comment

• winkywoo
            • Dec 2014

When you say you delayed it by 4 years what do you mean? When you began fin what nw were you? And when you got to 4 years was it game over? Where were you?

Comment

• KO1
              • Jan 2012

With an average response he may not be nw4 for a long time.....

Comment

• robincurtz
                • Jan 2015

In the starting I was norwood 2 now I am norwood 2.5. But thing that bother me is that I am rapidly thining in frontal and vertex too. For the last 6 months I am on minoxidil also.

Comment

• winkywoo
                  • Dec 2014

In the starting I was norwood 2 now I am norwood 2.5. But thing that bother me is that I am rapidly thining in frontal and vertex too. For the last 6 months I am on minoxidil also.
                  I hear you. I'd say that's not too bad at all though. Imagine how much worse it would be if you weren't on fin!

Comment

• winkywoo
                    • Dec 2014

Originally posted by KO1
                    With an average response he may not be nw4 for a long time.....
                    *drools*

Comment

• Grefer
                      • May 2015

Originally posted by winkywoo
                      *drools*
                      haha

Comment

Working...