+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by brocktherock View Post
    The average of everyone's results were 5-6%. There were two people that reached 18 and 19% out of 16. However they are still trying 3 different dosages along with a second session. This is just the pilot study mind you. If their pilot study is better than finasteride then sign me the hell up, especially if it's permanent like they say.
    We are not in 1996 just because that was the last product to be approved. We know way more than we did 2 to 5 years ago. Aderans was unfortunate but that doesn't mean in any way that replicel is the same.
    I looked at their results from 6 month interim stage from phase I posted on their website; and they were actually much worse than i remember. It turns out their terminal hair density (# of hairs) increased 3.2%. Only when they included vellus hair (total hair count) did the number get to 6.1%. So, yeah, they were very underwhelming results. Hopefully they do much better in phase II.

That was that average though. Some people had very low results which brought the whole thing down but still that's after six months with a random dose. If it stops further loss then I'll be pretty much cured. Im having good results with RU and the big 3 and Im getting 4000 grafts with Rahal to restore what Ive lost. This would end my misery

That was that average though. Some people had very low results which brought the whole thing down but still that's after six months with a random dose. If it stops further loss then I'll be pretty much cured. Im having good results with RU and the big 3 and Im getting 4000 grafts with Rahal to restore what Ive lost. This would end my misery
    When do you go in for your Rahal transplant? 4000 grafts should set you straight for quite a while - especially if he hits a homerun for you. I've seen some very nice results from his clinic.

What's your norwood status, if you don't mind me asking?

Quote Originally Posted by FloydButterworth View Post
    When do you go in for your Rahal transplant? 4000 grafts should set you straight for quite a while - especially if he hits a homerun for you. I've seen some very nice results from his clinic.

What's your norwood status, if you don't mind me asking?
    October. My hair was going in a norwood 4V but Ive been on RU for over a year and have been on the big 3 for a few months. I've regrown most of my crown and saw huge improvement in my mid scalp. My Hairline improved but its still bad so Im gonna fill the frontal half of my head and stay on the treatments. If Replicel delivers then Im saved, if not then Ill just stay on my regiment til something else pops up. I've had zero side effects so I'd recommend RU with the big 3

• ~1550 B.C.: Earliest known text detailing an attempt at treating hair loss
    • [3 millennia of snake oils and fake home remedies]
    • 1980 (3530 years): Minoxidil becomes the first real treatment for hair loss
    • 1992 (12 years): Finasteride overtakes minoxidil as the best treatment for hair loss
    • ~1999-2009 (~7-17 years): RU58841 has become an easily available topical treatment
    • 2012 (<10 years): PGD2 discovery; OC000459 and Setipiprant technically available already

Just some perspective.

I hope this is not taken the wrong way but thank you for the above post it actually did give me some historical reference point and historical perspective beyond that not much else.

Would could say we have been at this since ~1550 B.C. and have still not come up with any solid results which is some what depressing but also funny if one maintains a sense of humor about it all.

What bothers me is that RU58841 has been around for that long and has not been approved by the FDA, TGA or any such group.

I have been around for a lot longer than I have been on this board and its amazing how quick time has gone by. I was once filled with so much hope and actually was elated to the point of tears and laughter all in one at the prospects of a cure (or so I thought at the time) being on the not to distant horizon (I don't even remember what it was now as it was obviously a mirage and more of an example of how naive I was). I'm not actually sure how I would react if cure would arrive in the not too distant future, I imagine many would experience some kind of emotional breakdown similar to that of someone regaining their hearing or vision again.

October. My hair was going in a norwood 4V but Ive been on RU for over a year and have been on the big 3 for a few months. I've regrown most of my crown and saw huge improvement in my mid scalp. My Hairline improved but its still bad so Im gonna fill the frontal half of my head and stay on the treatments. If Replicel delivers then Im saved, if not then Ill just stay on my regiment til something else pops up. I've had zero side effects so I'd recommend RU with the big 3
    4000 is a lot of grafts, so you should get a nice result. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by FloydButterworth View Post
    4000 is a lot of grafts, so you should get a nice result. Good luck!
    Thank you, I think Dr. Rahal can do the most with those grafts too. I've never heard anything bad about him and I've really looked.