+ Reply to Thread

Angry Hair transplant PERMANENTLY killed hair follicles?

I know it's possible for a hair follicle to be severed due to transection during a hair transplant. I had a HT done 1.5 years ago, just into the left region of my head, where it was thinning the most. The native hair is ALL gone. ALL I see is a bunch of very, very small hairs that haven't grown AT ALL for over a year, barely popping through the surface. The only way I can see them is through a high magnification mirror. What is going on??? Even if they were vellous, miniaturized hairs, wouldn't they grow even in the slightest??
    I ask this question because I just started fin, two months ago. I am wondering if it is possible that some will grow back. Any information is helpful. Please...The left side of my head looks messed up. I have been confused, depressed and frustrated over this for over a year. Any info is appreciated.

i had the same result. did my hair transplant and well in a couple of months i lost all my native hair. my doc back then said "it's fine. it was supposed to happen" so guess what? i said him to **** off. On the top of this,tthe hair he transplanted are still sleeping. some grows but most stay there under the skin (i can see em) but they dont grow. Dont know why but another doc said it was beacuse of the shock and a poorly made/hasty hair transplant.

my advice? change doctor. shave yourself down until you can afford another hair transplant and dont think about it

Can I ask you a few questions? did you have a lot of hair in the area they transplanted into? If so, are the grafts they transplanted spaced too far apart? Are you on finasteride, and were you at the time you had it done? How much hair did you have to begin with?

you can see all in my topics - i posted it long ago - anyway
    1 - i had quite a decent hair when i did the hair transplant first... so 2800/3000 hair units i thought were enough
    2 - yes they werent strategically drawn on tha scalp first nor after so some are more in certain sections and i have pitfalls in Others
    way too far apart
    3 - i did take finasteride for two years. i quitted because of nasty sides/hair falling again and not growing
    4 - right now i can shave it down any three/six days : i'm speeding up my hairloss and my temples are receding. i have a small patch of native hair left,circular on the top of my head,that are dying steadily in those days

Dr. Rashid,
    If I may ask you another question. If a follicle is severed or altered useless in any way, will it produce hair at all, even microscopic hair? What I see is a bunch of really, really tiny hairs, just barely poking through the surface. I just started fin two months ago. Do you believe there is any chance these could grow back into terminal hairs?

Thank you for all your information. Unfortunately, they are not an IAHRS clinic.. they are a major chain clinic, and to me, it doesn't seem that they care. There will be no more follow ups. I experiences horrible TE from the procedure, that thinned out my entire head, especially the MPB prone regions. The transplanted region (left temple and center) seems to have nothing left but transplanted hairs spaced too far apart, while the rest of my head looks normal, but diffused. Obviously, a 2nd HT is a bad idea at this point. My hair looks horrible, so I just try to comb it over and cover it in hairspray. Shaving it may even look weird, due to the pitting, thickness of hairs and scar. I did have a pretty full head of hair, I was thinning a little in that region and thought I would be "proactive" with little knowledge... and so this nightmare arose.