+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by BiqqieSmalls View Post
    Yeah man, looks like you're in the beginning stages. Are you receding at all?
    Damn, this really hurts to hear since I'm only 19. Yes, I'm a nw 2.5. I'm currently using rogaine liquid with Nizoral 2%. I can't get on fin yet because I'm currently taking accutane for my acne. But I'm honestly contemplating stopping my accutane treatment to get on fin now. I'd rather have my hair than some minor acne.

Quote Originally Posted by winkywoo View Post
    Damn, this really hurts to hear since I'm only 19. Yes, I'm a nw 2.5. I'm currently using rogaine liquid with Nizoral 2%. I can't get on fin yet because I'm currently taking accutane for my acne. But I'm honestly contemplating stopping my accutane treatment to get on fin now. I'd rather have my hair than some minor acne.
    I jumped on Dutasteride and my acne cleared right up. My dosing has been 0.5mg MWF. You really have to target DHT if you want a noticeable transformation. Nizoral tried my hair out too, even at the 1% concentration once a week; I ended up dropping it. Give Dut a try at low dosages and drop Accutane

I jumped on Dutasteride and my acne cleared right up. My dosing has been 0.5mg MWF. You really have to target DHT if you want a noticeable transformation. Nizoral tried my hair out too, even at the 1% concentration once a week; I ended up dropping it. Give Dut a try at low dosages and drop Accutane
    Thanks for the advice man. Why dut? Wouldn't it make more sense to jump on fin first as apposed to going straight to dut?

Thanks for the advice man. Why dut? Wouldn't it make more sense to jump on fin first as apposed to going straight to dut?
    I am on Finasteride too -- 1.25mg ED. I added the Dut because of the extra DHT inhibition. Plus, I'm young.. 22 at NW2 with some vertex thinning.

I am on Finasteride too -- 1.25mg ED. I added the Dut because of the extra DHT inhibition. Plus, I'm young.. 22 at NW2 with some vertex thinning.
    Damn! You're taking both? Didn't know you could do that. Sounds like we're the same. I'm NW 2 with very early stages of vertex thinning. Few years younger though, 19. I highly highly doubt my derm would put me on dut. She seemed hesitant to even put me on fin, which sucks. So next time I see her, I'm going to have to do some convincing.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesst11 View Post
    you need to take a picture with it wet and combed forward. That's really the only way to tell.
    Here are 2 pictures with my hair combed forwards whilst wet. What do you think?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg

Size:	84.9 KB
ID:	39312   Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg

Size:	89.0 KB
ID:	39313  

Here are 2 pictures with my hair combed forwards whilst wet. What do you think?
    Yeah man, your case looks to be rather aggressive. I would get on Dutasteride 0.5mg three times per week (MWF) which will also clear up your acne. Drop the acutance. That stuff is horrible to even begin with. But the DHT blocker is what makes the regimen successful.