+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Hi Ziggy,

I think i suggested Dr Cole to you in another thread also. If you read through all my old posts you will see i have never been to Dr cole, but iv been on these forums for about 7 years so mabye for you my opinion might be helpful. I have met someone who has used him in the past with good results, I also had a HT a few weeks back and my doc and Dr Cole are friends and he also said Cole does good work.

I dont post much, i just know how daunting all this can be so i thought id also give you some reassurance. I have made many many stupid HT decisions in the past which i will probably regret as long as i live, I was not smart like you a few years ago and checking things on the forums. Anyway my point is, I think you will be in safe hands with Dr Cole and dont need to overthink this. You do however need to think of a long term plan as to how you want to use your grafts

Dr Cole if your reading this why did you write you were the first to do FUE. This was actually Dr Woods in Australia!!

Also do you not have a single nurse in the room to do anything? Even after you have extracted the grafts do you sort them out yourself or give them to a nurse

Keep up the good work

Dr Cole clearly misspoke when he said this:

Dr. Rahal has nurses that extract grafts and I extract my own grafts. I have never let a nurse extract a graft. That's a huge difference. I would never go to a dentist that let the hygienist drill on my teeth anymore than I would go to a doctor that lets nurses or assistants with minimal or no formal medical training to drill on my head.
    When I had my surgeries with Dr Cole in 2005, there were three technicians harvesting grafts all day, for all three days. Leith Leonard was one, I don't remember the other names.

In general, with any doc, make sure you get a gaurantee in writing, where, if things do not grow, you get a refund no questions asked. Or they send you to another surgeon for repair and not bound you to their services which did not produce first time around. If they cant agree to those terms i writing, dont go and let others know.

A doctor should also do the surgical aspects of surgery including extractions. At least in most of North America, surgical extractions are deemed surgery and can only be done by a doctor.

Just be safe. Evaluate everything castefully before you cough up dough for either the deposit or the full amount.

Some doctors may not be supportive and try to leave you with pennies (or nothing)if they mess up, but very few docs will try to help their patients and go all the way with refund or get them repaired one way or another.

Hopefully, many more docs adhere to ethics and responsibilities including patient safety more and more. Some and etc may be reviewed regarding their policies, procedures, claims, statements, but only time will tell.

Just be careful and be thorough with all aspects of a clinic/doc before going in for surgery. It doesnt matter who, but approach it all with great caution.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    In general, with any doc, make sure you get a gaurantee in writing, where, if things do not grow, you get a refund no questions asked. Or they send you to another surgeon for repair and not bound you to their services which did not produce first time around. If they cant agree to those terms i writing, dont go and let others know.
    No doctor would agree to a written guarantee of satisfaction. The doctors put clauses into their legal disclaimers specifically saying there is no guarantee of results, even when they verbally promised results.

A doctor should also do the surgical aspects of surgery including extractions. At least in most of North America, surgical extractions are deemed surgery and can only be done by a doctor.
    Agree 100%, however Dr Cole has maintained a large staff. No doctor pays three techs to stand around in the surgery room, just so they can hand him instruments and gauze, they are there to participate. Thomas Ortiz and Larry Leonard are two other techs that are well-known in the industry for doing FUE graft extractions for Dr Cole, so I don't know why he's trying to rewrite history and claim that he doesn't have techs extracting FUE grafts.

Do you think any doctor would do that .

Quote Originally Posted by DAVE52 View Post
    Do you think any doctor would do that .
    Why wouldnt some do that? I saw a doctor on another forum agree to give a patient a full refund. Another doc agreed to give another refund as long as he doesnt discuss the case on forums and places of promotion. Full refunds do happen, but probably offered by professionals who are confident in their work and work under a high code of ethics, esp if they are the ones that can admit to screw ups.

But few docs go out there way to make a patient happy and few live by that work ethic. You just have to research and seek those that actually care about the patient as a patient, and not as just another wad of cash.

A doctor shouldnt leave a patient hanging or make his or her life stressful by being unethical. If a patient trusts you for surgery the. Do the favor and make sure you dont lose trust of that patient and actually care about the patient. If you dont care, the you are in the wrong field and harmful to any patient that walks through your door.

So, an email gaurantee should be the norm that more and more prospective patients should ask a doc before going in. If they dont answer back or go around the bush, then it is obviously not the time to get surgery, it is time to do more research.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggyz123 View Post
    Anyone have any thoughts on dr cole for hairline work? Was going to use Rahal, but I think I pissed off the patient advisor about being indecisive lol.

I
    Really don't want a "see through hairline"
    I would read Arfy's comment and take note that your very 1st interaction you had with Dr Cole was one in which he lied to you about never using techs to extract. If that's not a Red Flag, I don't know what is.

Quote Originally Posted by arfy View Post
    No doctor would agree to a written guarantee of satisfaction. The doctors put clauses into their legal disclaimers specifically saying there is no guarantee of results, even when they verbally promised results.

Agree 100%, however Dr Cole has maintained a large staff. No doctor pays three techs to stand around in the surgery room, just so they can hand him instruments and gauze, they are there to participate. Thomas Ortiz and Larry Leonard are two other techs that are well-known in the industry for doing FUE graft extractions for Dr Cole, so I don't know why he's trying to rewrite history and claim that he doesn't have techs extracting FUE grafts.

That's strange Arfy. I didn't see your posted response until today.

Anyhow, there are actually few docs that do go out there way and follow up on what's promised for happiness of the patient. Some do refund and give guarantees to patients and actually follow through. Some do not have crazy clauses like that. Those that do, may be a red flag or something to reconsider. Maybe it is a good idea to post consents details from various docs for patient education and help with transparency.

The only ways to protect patients in this industry is to fully document and inform proper channels. As in regulatiry bodies and officials that will probably investigate and archive cases for use in fines and etc. I urge repair patients to not really rely on sources or entities where docs may be protected, but state and federal offices and officials that would protect a patient. The more the cases, the more power cases draw attention.

But gor qny prospective patients now, just have a what if my hair does not grow or there is no significant result, would you give me a refund? That question should be laid out in writing and answered prior to deposit being paid to a doc. Safety is needed nowadays.

If I recall correctly. my legal disclaimer with Dr Cole stated that graft growth may be as low as 60%. However, I got virtually zero % growth from those grafts, and the bottom line is that I really should have sued Dr Cole for malpractice when I had the chance. That is a mistake I can never live down.

The only doctors I know who don't make you sign a legal disclaimer is Dr Woods and Dr Campbell in Sydney.
    Last edited by Winston; 02-27-2016 at 04:51 PM. Reason: Possible false hearsay removed. Please refer to our TOS.