+ Reply to Thread

Default Apply minoxidil to crown even if not thinning?

So, I'm a nw 2, and I'm not sure if my crown is thinning or not. Some days I think it is, some days I don't. I've posted pics on here before and people have said no.

Anyway, what I'd like to know is would it hurt to apply Rogaine to my crown even if it's not thinning? I mean, if it's not thinning (which like I said I'm not sure), it's going to go eventually. So would it be good prevention? I'm already applying to my hairline.

Thanks!

i would apply to everwhere that is thinning, or would potentially shed. but the big thing is getting on fin asap

Quote Originally Posted by winkywoo View Post
    So, I'm a nw 2, and I'm not sure if my crown is thinning or not. Some days I think it is, some days I don't. I've posted pics on here before and people have said no.

Anyway, what I'd like to know is would it hurt to apply Rogaine to my crown even if it's not thinning? I mean, if it's not thinning (which like I said I'm not sure), it's going to go eventually. So would it be good prevention? I'm already applying to my hairline.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by warner8 View Post
    i would apply to everwhere that is thinning, or would potentially shed. but the big thing is getting on fin asap
    So if my crown is likely to thin eventually.. It's wise to apply rogaine there to? As for the fin, I'm currently taking accutane and can't go on it currently. Believe me I want to start taking it now, but I still have 3 months left of my accutane treatment

apply everywhere u think is vulnerable, so u can have an even shed with the minox, and then regrowth. as soon as u are done ofn the actuate get on the fin. fin and minox is the best combo.
    Quote Originally Posted by winkywoo View Post
    So if my crown is likely to thin eventually.. It's wise to apply rogaine there to? As for the fin, I'm currently taking accutane and can't go on it currently. Believe me I want to start taking it now, but I still have 3 months left of my accutane treatment

I would not advise this as if you apply minoxidil to regions that are not suffering from hair loss the hair that is there will become dependent on minoxidil. After minoxidil stops working for you, which will eventually happen, you will lose those hairs. Independent studies have shown that minoxidil is something that can delay hair loss for a certain time if you are a minoxidil responder.

How about fixing an appointment with dermatologist??