Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Marconi2
    • May 2015

18 and worried

Alright I am new here and I was wondering what you all might have to say about my situation.

I am 18, going to be 19 later this year, and I have always had pretty thin hair, but a few months ago I started thinking I might be going bald, but the oddest thing is that I am not receding in the front at all (I also have a widow's peak). I have noticed no crazy loss of hair in shower/pillow or anywhere else and only ever see hair loss when I comb (4-5 hairs on sink).

My mother's father has full hair as he approaches 70, and my father's family have all been hair loss free.

The place where I notice real thinness is at the vertex, enough to give very minor burning on a sunny day at the beach (when I first noticed it) on top, and diffusely across my head when wet.

My questions are:
    1. Is MPB normally start at vertex instead of front? Or does it matter?
    2. What can I do to stop loss with diffuse pattern as well as with the vertex?

Sorry no wet photos, will add when I get some.
    Attached Files
  • Notcoolanymore
    • Jun 2013

1, MPB can start at the hair line, crown, or vertex.
    2. Finasteride, minoxidil

Comment

• jamesst11
      • Jun 2014

Don't assume it can only come from your mother's side, that is a myth. Looks like the early stages of MPB. The ONLY thing you can do to possibly prevent further loss is minoxidil, finasteride and a good shampoo with nizoral.

Comment

• RanDave
        • Nov 2014

Yes, unfortunately, MPB can start from the vertex. Finasteride will be a good solution to stop the process of balding. The sooner you start, the better.

Comment

Working...