Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • winkywoo
    • Dec 2014

Nizoral 2% twice a week..

Just wanted to verify that using Nizoral 2% twice a week is okay? On the bottle it says for the first two weeks to use it twice a week, and then after use it once every 1 or 2 weeks. I've been using it twice a week now for about 2 months without anything happening. Is this okay?
  • tamsy
    • May 2015

Twice a week. Never use it more than that, it will damage you hair as it will strip it out from its natural oil and may change its color. Twice a week is Perfect I believe.

Comment

• winkywoo
      • Dec 2014

Originally posted by tamsy
      Twice a week. Never use it more than that, it will damage you hair as it will strip it out from its natural oil and may change its color. Twice a week is Perfect I believe.
      can anyone else clarify this?

Comment

• BiqqieSmalls
        • Feb 2015

I used 1% once a week (during the first month of treatments) and noticed that it dried out my hair. Other people said my hair looked dry as well.

I have since dropped it. I don't think it helped. It dried out my hair considerably. Finasteride and Minoxidil are your bread and butter. Maybe Dutasteride if Finasteride isn't working for you.

Comment

• Y gwningen llwyd
          • Mar 2015

Yes, no more than twice a week. At the very most, three times a week. Nizoral is very harsh, and will really dry out your hair and scalp if you overuse it.

Nizoral isn't even necessary anyway as part of a hair loss regimen. The truth is that it does close to nothing for hair loss. It is good for treating dandruff and keeping your scalp clean, but it won't stop your hair from falling out.

Comment

• winkywoo
            • Dec 2014

Originally posted by Y gwningen llwyd
            Yes, no more than twice a week. At the very most, three times a week. Nizoral is very harsh, and will really dry out your hair and scalp if you overuse it.

Nizoral isn't even necessary anyway as part of a hair loss regimen. The truth is that it does close to nothing for hair loss. It is good for treating dandruff and keeping your scalp clean, but it won't stop your hair from falling out.
            Awesome. Thank you for clarifying! I've actually found that it's been thickening up my hair quite nicely. I'm using it with Rogaine 2% liquid once a day. I can't go on Propecia yet as I'm currently on accutane and supposedly can't go on both pills at the same time.

Quick question.. since accutane dries up literally everything, including your hair and scalp, is it still ok to be using the Nizoral? My derm said it's ok but she's told me lot's of things that aren't true, haha.

Comment

• Y gwningen llwyd
              • Mar 2015

Originally posted by winkywoo
              Awesome. Thank you for clarifying! I've actually found that it's been thickening up my hair quite nicely. I'm using it with Rogaine 2% liquid once a day. I can't go on Propecia yet as I'm currently on accutane and supposedly can't go on both pills at the same time.

Quick question.. since accutane dries up literally everything, including your hair and scalp, is it still ok to be using the Nizoral? My derm said it's ok but she's told me lot's of things that aren't true, haha.
              It is most likely the Rogaine that is responsible for the thickening you've experienced. Nizoral does close to nothing for hair loss. I don't see anything wrong with using Nizoral when you're on Accutane, but I'm not a derm so I wouldn't know for sure. I think you can take your derm's word for it, though. Just make sure you don't overuse the Nizoral, and make sure you don't leave it on your scalp for more than 5 minutes during each use.

Comment

• burtandernie
                • Nov 2012

Shampoo to fight hair loss is like going into a war with a knife. Yeah you feel better than having nothing, but long term your really never going to win. Shampoo might help a little, but its nowhere near the strength of treatment you need to get any visible results. MPB takes drastic androgen level changes or atleast with what has been show to work so far.

Comment

• winkywoo
                  • Dec 2014

Originally posted by burtandernie
                  Shampoo to fight hair loss is like going into a war with a knife. Yeah you feel better than having nothing, but long term your really never going to win. Shampoo might help a little, but its nowhere near the strength of treatment you need to get any visible results. MPB takes drastic androgen level changes or atleast with what has been show to work so far.
                  For sure. I'm aware of this. However, I am using Rogaine 2% combined with Nizoral. I can't go on Propecia right now because I'm currently taking accutane.

Comment

• Grefer
                    • May 2015

your scalp will feel like cement if you use it too frequently.

Comment

• robodoc
                      • Aug 2009

I have used Nizoral 1% and 2%. The 1% is very mild and does not strip the hair of all your natural oils. Nizoral 2% shampoo absolutely strips my hair. I still use the 2% but I do a very light scalp scrub, very light.

Comment

Working...