Hair regrowth through wound healing process after ablative fractional laser treatment - Page 3 - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 39
  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    agaexperts.meteor.com
    Posts
    1,405

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nameless View Post
    Needhairasap I appreciate your efforts but I think that there are two issues:

    1. They haven't gotten the laser method of hair regrowth figured out completely. All the T's are not crossed and all the I's are not dotted.

    2. Just because the FDA let's you use lasers on the back doesn't mean the FDA will let you use lasers on the head.

    1. This statement is empty. The only issues are (a) which laser is best, there are maybe 3-5 potential types that could be used and (b) which settings are best, there are maybe 3-4 setting to figure out..... and I'm not really sure what you're implying... we haven't figured these two (relatively simple) aspects, therefore.....? we should not talk about this? Therefore we should not pursue this? I just don't even understand what your point is in your #1 point.... if you're just stating that they haven't figured this out exactly... just to state the obvious, then okay... thanks.

    2. What does the FDA have to do with this? If it works, I'll fly to mexico (or fill in the blank with 50 other countries) and then I'll have this done. I could really care less about the FDA in this case....and I think we probably all should not care. I'm not anti-FDA but again, I don't really understand why you said this.... The FDA hasn't approved this yet.. therefore? Are you implying we should just go back to talking about hypothetical topicals that may be available in five years? Or maybe we can hypothesize and argue about if AAPE will give us 100 extra hairs or 125 extra hairs... I mean what is the point of saying #2? You need to put more "therefore"s in your posts... e.g. "XYZ is a fact, THEREFORE [insert action/conclusion]"


    anyway... EVERYONE! Laser wounding is the only thing that will be available in the next 3-4 years baring a legitimate god-given miracle that comes out of nowhere.

    On top of that, there is potential that this can trigger regeneration of every single hair on your head... where as all these other things (bim, HTs, minox, fin, RU, etc. etc.) are things that MAY regrow 10-20% of your hair... laser wounding-to-regeneration is the best bet we have.

    This is based on facts.. we know dermarolling works... we have seen campfire man.... we know the recent plucking studies.... etc. etc. etc.... the question is... how do we "do a campfire man" in a CONTROLLED, SAFE, CONSISTENT application?


    Answer: LASERS

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    agaexperts.meteor.com
    Posts
    1,405

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrianH123 View Post
    I made the mistake of getting laser hair removal on my back and after wasting ~3000$ , i came to the conclusion it didn't work and there was more hair on my back when i had started. That was 14 treatments to be exact. I would joke around with the girls who worked there saying they should use it on my head because it doesn't do a dam thing to take hair off, just more grows. I'm aware the properties of hair on my back are not the same as on the top of my head, so i don't know if it would work the same. but it makes me feel like this could be a possible way to help hair grow back on my head seeing how the before and after of my back hair laser treatments went.
    same here... there are many reports online of laser hair removal ending up in more hair.



    That said, I was wrong... these lasers are not used for laser hair removal. They are used for face stuff... essentially they zap the top layer of skin off of your face, and the skin rejuvenates more youthful.... see Kardashians et al.

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    965

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrianH123 View Post
    I made the mistake of getting laser hair removal on my back and after wasting ~3000$ , i came to the conclusion it didn't work and there was more hair on my back when i had started. That was 14 treatments to be exact. I would joke around with the girls who worked there saying they should use it on my head because it doesn't do a dam thing to take hair off, just more grows. I'm aware the properties of hair on my back are not the same as on the top of my head, so i don't know if it would work the same. but it makes me feel like this could be a possible way to help hair grow back on my head seeing how the before and after of my back hair laser treatments went.
    Can you please post before and after pics of the hair growth on your back?

  4. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    965

    Default

    Needhairasap, has science completely figured out ALL of the details to regrow human hair with lasers or do they still have to figure out some more details? Please show me before and after pics demonstrating hair regowth ON HUMANS using lasers. It would be a lot easier to take this serious if you had positive regrowh pics in humans. Mice don't mean much.

  5. #25
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nameless View Post
    Needhairasap I appreciate your efforts but I think that there are two issues:

    1. They haven't gotten the laser method of hair regrowth figured out completely. All the T's are not crossed and all the I's are not dotted.

    2. Just because the FDA let's you use lasers on the back doesn't mean the FDA will let you use lasers on the head.
    What has the FDA got to do with allowing people to use lasers on their scalp?????

    The FDA is not the World's Police Health authority! There is much more to the world than the frickin FDA!!

    If I want to use lasers on my head, or my nose or my bum cheeks then I don't need the approval of the FDA.

  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    agaexperts.meteor.com
    Posts
    1,405

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nameless View Post
    Needhairasap, has science completely figured out ALL of the details to regrow human hair with lasers or do they still have to figure out some more details? Please show me before and after pics demonstrating hair regowth ON HUMANS using lasers. It would be a lot easier to take this serious if you had positive regrowh pics in humans. Mice don't mean much.
    Obviously if before and after pictures existed I wouldn't be here trying to convince people to look further into this...

    The point is: these lasers are at almost every cosmetic clinic in the world. It's a matter of figuring out the type and the settings....

    we already "know" that it should work if the right laser and settings are used.

    lastly, i dont care if you "take this serious"-- because either way, it's serious.

  7. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    561

    Default

    i have to agree that the whole wounding approach seems very attractive, effective, and when the last steps are figured out, also relatively easy. it's really only about figuring out the right wavelength, intensity, and duration of the laser burning on the scalp. some of those studies already give some good hints into the right direction.
    also, since dr. cots from follica came up with his wounding theories, it got even more obvious that wounding is a nice approach. they even stated they are able to consistently produce new hair de novo but for some reason dr. cots says they still don't have a cure, after all their laser patenting stuff. i always had the feeling they are holding something back.

    but all those storyies about campfire guy, or more hair growing after hair removal. it all points into the wounding phenomenon. actually it's not that easy to understand. skin cells are beeing burned off and the body starts a repair mechanism. chemical signals are released at the wounding spot, and the cells are multiplying themselves to repair the damaged spot. during multiplication those cells decide to whether become simple skin cells or hair cells (DP cells or whatever). dr. cots mentioned there is a short time window where this decision is made by the cells.
    of course, controlling this cells consistently is the difficulty.

    but if a laser hair removal can lead to lots of denovo hairs already, then it can't be that hard to figure out.
    our best chance would be to exactly try it with that same laser from the hair removal. if we could have a chance go get our hands on it.
    once figured out, nobody needs the fda. the treatment plan would go viral and everybody would find access to such a laser one way or another.

  8. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    561

    Default

    needhairasap: do you have the possibilities to drive this topic forward? seems you're a good research guy with the right knowledge. we need to find access to such a laser anyway.

  9. #29
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    15

    Default

    Unfortunately i didn't take before pictures .. So i could take an after picture, i'm not really sure if that would help tho because there is nothing to compare it to. I also have gone back to waxing my back once a month so it would take 2-3 months to get a real idea of how dense and dark the new hair is. My shoulders have black dark hair now when there used to be nothing, but again i have no photos of before so i'm kinda useless. Id love to see if this could work tho!

  10. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    561

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrianH123 View Post
    Unfortunately i didn't take before pictures .. So i could take an after picture, i'm not really sure if that would help tho because there is nothing to compare it to. I also have gone back to waxing my back once a month so it would take 2-3 months to get a real idea of how dense and dark the new hair is. My shoulders have black dark hair now when there used to be nothing, but again i have no photos of before so i'm kinda useless. Id love to see if this could work tho!
    hey brian, do you think there is a chance the place where you did the laser hair removal could try out the laser on your scalp, on a small spot only (5x5mm or so)? would you even give it a shot if they would let you do the experiment? as you had great "success" with growing new hairs on the back, why not try exactly the same treatment on the scalp? what if it really works? you would have found the cure by accident.

    at least we should know the product name of the laser (manufacturer and exact type of the device). if it's a device with configurable laser intensity, maybe the could give the exact setting, so that we could do a bit more research on this used setting.

Similar Threads

  1. Low Level Laser Treatment
    By Robster in forum Men's Hair Loss: Start Your Own Topic
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-25-2014, 11:58 AM
  2. Laser Treatment -vs- Hair Transplant
    By Dav7 in forum Hair Loss Treatments
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 03-02-2013, 06:53 PM
  3. Ryan Giggs tackles his thinning hair with £6,000 regrowth treatment
    By juiceman in forum Men's Hair Loss: Start Your Own Topic
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-17-2010, 02:57 AM
  4. Laser treatment in NYC?
    By GoodFellas in forum Men's Hair Loss: Start Your Own Topic
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-24-2010, 01:34 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

Dr. Baubac Patient Reviews Ė Video result testimony
07-06-2018 07:23 AM
Last Post By Geo88
Today 09:49 PM
Stop and Regrow?
08-30-2016 11:00 PM
by AllGlow
Last Post By evanknot
Today 07:39 PM
Am I losing my hair?
Yesterday 08:33 PM
Last Post By mrclean
Today 02:30 PM
Frontal region thickened significantly on dut 1.5 mg.
02-13-2017 05:51 AM
Last Post By robincurtz
Today 01:08 PM