+ Reply to Thread

Default When will shed end after quitting minox?

Hey guys, so I've posted on here about a dilemma I had in November.. It was the 1 year mark on propecia and 2 year mark for minox. I developed stinging burning,inflammation, etc on the left side of my head and lost 50% of the density on that side. I thought finasteride did it so I got on proscar name brand and realized I had a SHIT ton of dandruff and what not from liquid minox and it was an odd coincidence that my scalp hurt exactly where I applied it. I was advised to stop because I could be allergic to ppg in minoxidil (also got a rash under my armpit and stye in eye when this was happening). It's been about 5 months since quitting and Im still shedding.. I'm actually shedding from all over, not just where I applied minox which was only hairline.

Has anyone recovered from this at all?! If I run my hands up through my hair, about 6 hairs get caught every single time.. I don't like this! My scalp is sort of back to normal, but I had to lay off gels and sprays because of how it started to effect my scalp. I really do not want to go back on minoxidil.. Foam or liquid. I was going to get a transplant this summer to restore my hairline, but this shed needs to stop or I'm doomed.

Any experiences on the subject?! I'd like to hear from people first hand and not people telling me that I will shed if I stop and blah blah blah.. I know that part I just want to know when it will end.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggyz123 View Post
    Hey guys, so I've posted on here about a dilemma I had in November.. It was the 1 year mark on propecia and 2 year mark for minox. I developed stinging burning,inflammation, etc on the left side of my head and lost 50% of the density on that side. I thought finasteride did it so I got on proscar name brand and realized I had a SHIT ton of dandruff and what not from liquid minox and it was an odd coincidence that my scalp hurt exactly where I applied it. I was advised to stop because I could be allergic to ppg in minoxidil (also got a rash under my armpit and stye in eye when this was happening). It's been about 5 months since quitting and Im still shedding.. I'm actually shedding from all over, not just where I applied minox which was only hairline.

Has anyone recovered from this at all?! If I run my hands up through my hair, about 6 hairs get caught every single time.. I don't like this! My scalp is sort of back to normal, but I had to lay off gels and sprays because of how it started to effect my scalp. I really do not want to go back on minoxidil.. Foam or liquid. I was going to get a transplant this summer to restore my hairline, but this shed needs to stop or I'm doomed.

Any experiences on the subject?! I'd like to hear from people first hand and not people telling me that I will shed if I stop and blah blah blah.. I know that part I just want to know when it will end.
    I put rogaine in my hair for 2 weeks while I had a full head of thick hair a year ago after cutting my hair really really short. I quit and that's when my problem started. I shed hundreds of hair a day for 8 months straight, I don't shed anymore. I've lost probably 50% of my hair. It totally destroyed my hairline and has thinned out everywhere, even back and sides. Now I can see right through it in bright light. Idk if I'll go bald or not but If I start losing more I will. Screw Rogaine! And ppl say this is where you would have been if you didn't use anything at all, yea right.

Yeah this is what all happen in such a condition ...

Jd2725, yeah I'm at month 7 after stopping right now. my hairline and a line behind it where it dropped I'm guessing, is screwed.. I can't run my hands through my hair at all without hairs coming out. I want this to just stop already!!!!!

I plan on getting a transplant, but this constant shed and further loss is making it impossible..

So you saw a cessation of the shed around 8 months after?

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggyz123 View Post

watch all spanish daramas here in HD quality
    http://telenovelas.one/