+ Reply to Thread

Default Hair systems: Why not?

Hello! I want to ask you guys a question. I am very worried about losing my hair in the future. Right now I still have all my hair but I feel they are slowly getting thinner so I am already looking for "solutions" for the future. I must say that I would never get on propecia because I really don't want to jeopardize my sex life. So the two options left are hair transplants and hair systems. But in this post I want to talk about hair systems. I've researched it and it truely seems great! I even know a 27 yo guy who wears one and it's extremely hard to tell that it's not his hair.

I've read posts here by men who are literally depressed because they don't have hair and they almost want to die because of that... Whenever I see such posts I can't help but think ""Do these men even know that hair systems exist...?"" . Since they probably do, my question for you is: Why the majority of men on this forum doesn't consider that option?? Is it only because they are afraid that someone could tell?? Honestly who cares if someone can tell?? Or are there a lot more cons that I'm not aware of??

Quote Originally Posted by luka View Post
    Hello! I want to ask you guys a question. I am very worried about losing my hair in the future. Right now I still have all my hair but I feel they are slowly getting thinner so I am already looking for "solutions" for the future. I must say that I would never get on propecia because I really don't want to jeopardize my sex life. So the two options left are hair transplants and hair systems. But in this post I want to talk about hair systems. I've researched it and it truely seems great! I even know a 27 yo guy who wears one and it's extremely hard to tell that it's not his hair.

I've read posts here by men who are literally depressed because they don't have hair and they almost want to die because of that... Whenever I see such posts I can't help but think ""Do these men even know that hair systems exist...?"" . Since they probably do, my question for you is: Why the majority of men on this forum doesn't consider that option?? Is it only because they are afraid that someone could tell?? Honestly who cares if someone can tell?? Or are there a lot more cons that I'm not aware of??
    It would make life a lot easier if men were allowed to wear hair systems and not be ridiculed.

A transplant without propecia would be a total waste of time. So your only option is a wig. If you can handle the maintenance, how it feels wearing one, and the price, then I would say go for it. If you get a good one, most people will not know. You don't have to broadcast that you are wearing one either.

FlightTL, men ARE allowed to do whatever they want. It's sad that some men are gonna stay depressed about their hairloss their entire life instead of simply getting a nice hair system... If one day I go bald, I'm gonna wear a hair system with pride and if some people notice and make fun of me because of it, then they can go **** themselves while I'm hapily carrying on with my life with a full head of hair hahah

I like this Luka! you're damn right, if people resort to 15 year old bullying methods, let them go f*ck themselves! If I have to shave my head and I am upset with the way I look, I would consider one.

Quote Originally Posted by luka View Post
    FlightTL, men ARE allowed to do whatever they want. It's sad that some men are gonna stay depressed about their hairloss their entire life instead of simply getting a nice hair system... If one day I go bald, I'm gonna wear a hair system with pride and if some people notice and make fun of me because of it, then they can go **** themselves while I'm hapily carrying on with my life with a full head of hair hahah

In my opinion, a hair system is far from the perfect solution to hair loss.

Firstly, there is a large amount to learn before you start wearing one. You really need to know all the ropes. Secondly, they are expensive, and need to be replaced frequently. Thirdly, there is a huge amount of maintenance involved in wearing a hair system. You need to be very dedicated and committed to it for your whole life.

Also, there is the constant fear that somebody could figure out that it is a wig. The fact is that there is a lot of stigma attached to wig wearing. It is viewed in a negative light by people in general, and is seen as vain. I remember reading on the *** forums of someone who ended up quitting his job because he got made fun of endlessly by his colleagues after they found out that he was wearing a hairpiece. It all started when a guy at work saw his hair from behind, and saw something odd about the blending of his real hair with his artificial hair, and figured out that he was wearing a piece. Then word got round to the other colleagues, and in the end the guy quit his job because he couldn't cope any more with being made so much fun of.

If you are able to cope with the fear of it being found out, then good for you. For me personally, however, I would not opt for wearing a hairpiece.

There are other issues also involved in hairpiece wearing. A lot of people just don't like the way a hairpiece feels on their head. Also, what if a girl (for instance, your future girlfriend) was to run her fingers through your hair and feel the laces of your hairpiece.

Also, there is nothing that feels quite the same as having your own, real hair on your head, as I'm sure everyone else on this forum would agree.

Anyway, this is just my opinion on wig wearing. I don't necessarily think hairpieces are a bad idea, but they are far from being the perfect solution to the problem of hair loss.

Y gwingen llwyd, yeah good points. I think whether it's a good solution or not depends on the person. Me personally I know for a fact that if one day I lose my hair I'm going to be very depressed and I would probably not go out often anymore. So at that point I won't really care about the costs, maintenance, fear of getting made fun of, etc... Just having hair on my head, even though it would be fake, would give me a lot of my confidence back.

A bald guy must first try how he looks with a shaved head and some sort of facial hair. Actually, facial hair can help a lot in looking better, as it takes attention away from the bald head. I look like shit clean shaven, but with a goatee (without the mustache), I look good enough. Not only it takes attention away from my baldness, but also helps hiding my somewhat weak chin.