+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: my situation

Default my situation

i never thought i'ld be doing something like this. i've been slowly losing my hair since i was 18, i'm 20 years old now. i really have no idea what to do, its really effected me, i have no more confidence, and getting more and more depressed as the days go on. i wear a hat every single day to cover it and i'm sick of having to do that, i want to find a working solution so i figure i'ld try my luck and see what you guys have to offer. here's a general idea what i'm dealing with. the spots on the sides of my temple are nearly bare, there are a few hairs growing there but they are very short and basically dead. any suggestions will help me a ton, give me some hope! Thanks in advance...

i'm not sure if this is the right place to start this topic sorry if it's not.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0435.jpg

Size:	44.7 KB
ID:	3326   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0436.jpg

Size:	80.1 KB
ID:	3327  

You’ve found the right place to start anonymous, welcome! To me it looks like a classic case of MPB. It looks like your hair has gotten generally thinner but I believe you have hope. You should see one the doctors recommended on this site and start using Propecia if they feel you are a candidate for it. Most people are helped by it and since you’re young you have a good chance of it working well for you.

Check this guy out. He had impressive results!
    http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthr...=7465#post7465
    Hope this help!
    Happy New Year!

Quote Originally Posted by anonymous View Post
    i never thought i'ld be doing something like this. i've been slowly losing my hair since i was 18, i'm 20 years old now. i really have no idea what to do, its really effected me, i have no more confidence, and getting more and more depressed as the days go on. i wear a hat every single day to cover it and i'm sick of having to do that, i want to find a working solution so i figure i'ld try my luck and see what you guys have to offer. here's a general idea what i'm dealing with. the spots on the sides of my temple are nearly bare, there are a few hairs growing there but they are very short and basically dead. any suggestions will help me a ton, give me some hope! Thanks in advance...

i'm not sure if this is the right place to start this topic sorry if it's not.
    Cut your hair short, find a style that works that you like, Buzz cut it short to a 4 or 5. Go shorter if you like the look. At some point try to go really short if that doesn't work for you, yes that means stubble number 1 or 2.

Leave your hair a little longer on the top if you want.

See if you are comfortable with that look, if not grow it back out to your liking, wait until you are at least 30 before you do a HT.

If you need a lot of work it won't be worth the risk at your age. Let's face it you are going to lose more, which means if you start getting cut now, you will need multiple surgeries, and all the bull about how quick the turn around time is, thats bullchit it is a long process and the results vary (which means there is NO way to no if it will meet expectation)

Good Luck

Thank you for the fast responses, i've looked into Propecia but i've read it doesn't help in the areas that i'm having issues with? can anyone give me some information on that pleaseee?

I really would like to avoid buzzing my hair, i like having hair and i would look very strange with a buzz in my opinion :/

Thank you for the fast responses, i've looked into Propecia but i've read it doesn't help in the areas that i'm having issues with? can anyone give me some information on that pleaseee?

I really would like to avoid buzzing my hair, i like having hair and i would look very strange with a buzz in my opinion :/
    thats what everyone thinks but until you do it you really would never know.

Thats why at your age you should, it grows back you know...

propecia works everywhere to stop or dramatically slow down loss, as for regrowth its possible but not as likely

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. 4000 View Post
    thats what everyone thinks but until you do it you really would never know.

Thats why at your age you should, it grows back you know...
    yeah, but not something i'ld like to do. like i said i'm completely embarassed about this, and do everything i can to keep it un-noticed and not in eyes view.

Quote Originally Posted by heynow1234 View Post
    propecia works everywhere to stop or dramatically slow down loss, as for regrowth its possible but not as likely
    i see, can you give me some estimation of regrowth percent? I appreciate the responses by the way!

http://www.propecia.com/finasteride/...see-the-proof/

Thats the numbers.

Also your hairloss is kinda like mine, its hard to tell from ur pics but i may be a little better off. Anyhow propcia has pretty much kept me where i was at over my first year of taking it. So id say you got a good shot, just start ASAP, becuase its much easier to keep your hair with the meds then to grow any back! good luck

yeah, but not something i'ld like to do. like i said i'm completely embarassed about this, and do everything i can to keep it un-noticed and not in eyes view.

i see, can you give me some estimation of regrowth percent? I appreciate the responses by the way!
    I can't tell you how to feel, but there is no reason to be embarrassed. There are a ton of bald or balding people.

Do you really want to be on a pill your entire life, one the is not a perfect solution and could have side effects?

I tried it, it worked wonders for me, I lost more hair faster and had to have surgery to remove a lump from my chest.

Do what you feel you need to, but DO NOT get a HT until your very late 20's or 30's at the earliest. I can't stress this enough. Do not do it.

Quote Originally Posted by heynow1234 View Post
    http://www.propecia.com/finasteride/...see-the-proof/

Thats the numbers.

Also your hairloss is kinda like mine, its hard to tell from ur pics but i may be a little better off. Anyhow propcia has pretty much kept me where i was at over my first year of taking it. So id say you got a good shot, just start ASAP, becuase its much easier to keep your hair with the meds then to grow any back! good luck
    Well, about a year ago i bought some of the generic propcia online (30 pills) but never used them because i've been scared of the side-effects.. i'm going to wait about a week because i have a dr's appt for another issue anyways so i might as well be safe and prompt. Thank you so much for the info i knew this was the right place to come!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. 4000 View Post
    I can't tell you how to feel, but there is no reason to be embarrassed. There are a ton of bald or balding people.

Do you really want to be on a pill your entire life, one the is not a perfect solution and could have side effects?

I tried it, it worked wonders for me, I lost more hair faster and had to have surgery to remove a lump from my chest.

Do what you feel you need to, but DO NOT get a HT until your very late 20's or 30's at the earliest. I can't stress this enough. Do not do it.
    Yeah i know, it's just something that completely ruined my self-esteem and before i exaust my other options i don't want to take that route. As for the HT don't worry i have no plans of that at all to be honest, the procedure is far too expensive for my salary haha