+ Reply to Thread

Default Hello everyone from bigmac

Hi my name is bigmac,some of you will already know me from the various forums i frequent.
    A little about myself.
    I`ve had five Hair Transplants to date.The first three were poor choices as i did not have the benefit of hairloss forums to educate myself,out of desperation i had these HTs with clinics that in hindsight should not be performing HTs as they are below than average.

However with the aid of hairloss forums i was able to research doctors worldwide and finally found a doctor/clinic i felt comfortable with.
    This was the Shapiro Medical Group.In April 2008 i had a 1600 graft HT to repair my previous work.Dr Ron Shapiro performed my surgery which went extremely well and i`m very pleased with the work that was done.

I then went back to Shapiro Medical Group October 2008 to have some fue work on my scars from the first two surgery`s i had,also a scar from an accident.This time i had 100 plus fue extracted and put into my scars by Dr Paul Shapiro.To date there are quite a few grafts that did not shed and are growing in my scars.

Again i`m extremely happy with the work and the patient aftercare treatment i`ve received.

Thanks to Spencer for opening this site too as i can see it helping many patients make the right choices.

Bigmac.
    Last edited by bigmac; 11-22-2008 at 04:04 AM.

Thumbs up Glad You're Here!

Hey BigMac!

It's great to have you here. Just like I wrote Nervousnleey, I know that you're going to be of great help to many!

You not only have a real understanding of the importance of choosing the right hair restoration surgeon, but you're in touch with the realty of the corruption that permeates some hair transplant forums

I am committed to making this a safe place for hair loss sufferers in need. This will be a community of mutual respect and support, and I look forward to evolving this environment together with like minded forum administrators like yourself.
    Spencer Kobren
    Founder, American Hair Loss Association
    Host, The Bald Truth Radio Show

I am not a physician. My opinions and knowledge concerning hair loss and its treatment are based on extensive research and reporting on the subject as a consumer advocate and hair loss educator. My views and comments on the subject should not be taken as medical advice. Always seek the advice of a medical professional when considering medical and surgical treatment.

Thanks for the welcome Spencer,i`m happy to try and help any hairloss sufferers through my postings.

Great site.

Thanks Bigmac!
    Spencer Kobren
    Founder, American Hair Loss Association
    Host, The Bald Truth Radio Show

I am not a physician. My opinions and knowledge concerning hair loss and its treatment are based on extensive research and reporting on the subject as a consumer advocate and hair loss educator. My views and comments on the subject should not be taken as medical advice. Always seek the advice of a medical professional when considering medical and surgical treatment.

Hi all

I took some update pictures of my crown and sent them to SMG and they kindly put them side by side for me for comparison.

I`m at 9 months post op and very happy with my outcome so far.

Now i`m thinking of a little hairline refinement/temple work in a month or two if SMG have any cancellations i could get.Hairgreed or what.

If i do it will be HT number 6,maybe i`m getting addicted to HTs.

Cool Bigmac -- glad to see things are coming along nicely for you. Congratulations! Is this the best forum, or what? When we decide to do something about hair loss, we are essentially putting up our dukes and fighting nature's intention for us. And when you take on nature, you better be armed with the right tools and the right information. This forum is it!

And hair greed ... you said it, man. I'm looking forward to adding more density this year. Just need to find 7 to 10 days when I can stay home, kick my feet up, and heal. SOON!

TeeJay

Thanks Teejay.

Be great to see your next HT if you find the time and i agree this is a great forum.
    I particulary like all the educational stuff by the doctors,very informative.

Cheers bm.

At the one year mark nw and added a comparison picture in my blog.

Very happy so far with my result.

Cheers bm.