+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default World Hair Congress 2015

in november the 9th world hair congress will take place in miami.
    i had a look at the preliminary scientific program. as usual Cots will take part to give his usual presentation which won't lead to any cure of course.

currently i can't see any interesting presentation on the schedule. they even extended the deadline for sending in abstracts. seems a bit to me that they can't fill the program with enough useful presentations, i don't know, and even i don't care. there will be no news on that hairloss congress. 1 year passed since the last congress with desmond, and absolutely nothing has changed. a cure is still 10 years away like always.
    if lauster's team won't take part this year, we can write them off as well.

Quote Originally Posted by joachim View Post
    ???

They were completely silent for 4 years and were completely relevant last year with their news after their appearance in South Korea. However and more importantly, they can't get funding.... and you consider that a write off?

Makes no sense. But I see that parading around Follicept without even having results from a trial, makes HEADLINE NEWS. My god.

Hey joachim can you provide me a link to the schedule? Thanks man.

Follicept could cure hairloss before November and there will be no need for the hairloss congress lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Swooping View Post
    Hey joachim can you provide me a link to the schedule? Thanks man.
    http://www.hair2015.org/
    click on the scientific program tab.

there's no detailed program list yet. only some rough titled program points are visible in the schedule.
    cristiano, washenik and Cots are on-board. can't see lauster or anything else interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    ???

They were completely silent for 4 years and were completely relevant last year with their news after their appearance in South Korea. However and more importantly, they can't get funding.... and you consider that a write off?

Makes no sense. But I see that parading around Follicept without even having results from a trial, makes HEADLINE NEWS. My god.
    yes, they were silent for 4 years, appeared for a short presentation with unspectacular achievements, and maybe dissapear again now for several years. the new website they were working on to release (according to desmond) is still not online. more than 9 months passed since that announcement. seems like they entered their stealth mode again.

Quote Originally Posted by joachim View Post
    in november the 9th world hair congress will take place in miami.
    i had a look at the preliminary scientific program. as usual Cots will take part to give his usual presentation which won't lead to any cure of course.

currently i can't see any interesting presentation on the schedule. they even extended the deadline for sending in abstracts. seems a bit to me that they can't fill the program with enough useful presentations, i don't know, and even i don't care. there will be no news on that hairloss congress. 1 year passed since the last congress with desmond, and absolutely nothing has changed. a cure is still 10 years away like always.
    It;s months away I doubt many companies have even applied to go yet

and the bolded statement is one of the major problems i have with this forum, you guys get some small news, get excited and then get sad when 6 months-1 year pass and it's not here yet. SM, CB, BIM, and now Kythera have all moved a step forward since that hairloss congress.

Progress is the key word in this industry, we are not 10 years away, we are not a year away, but we are getting much closer, so dont get sad when nothing comes next year, but there are definitely products that have potential to be released within 1.5-3 years from now(BIM is closest, then SM, CB and setiprant).

Unfortunately I don't think we will hear much from Dr. Lauster's team. Last I checked on Dr. Atacs profile on Linkedin she joined Tissuse.
    http://www.tissuse.com/index.html

I don't think they have the funding yet for hair follicles. They do mention that one of the application areas is hair follicle.
    My hope is that Dr. Angelo manages to make her startup that was mentioned in that article few weeks ago. As for this conference I'm sure there will be some new presentations which will most likely just be a proof of concept in a lab setting in vitro.

@rdawg
    Yes there are some new potential treatments potentially coming out in less than 5 year timeline, but they all still have questionable efficacy. I'm sure they might help really low NWs but I don't think they will help much on the regrowth side of the things. The projects that Dr. Lausters, Dr. Jahodas and Dr. Angelos teams are working on are effectively a cure.
    Besides them I would definitely like Histogen to get funding I think they have potential, and Dr. Naughton said they saw increase in hair counts well after 2 years from the first application of HSC.

Quote Originally Posted by Sogeking View Post
    @rdawg
    Yes there are some new potential treatments potentially coming out in less than 5 year timeline, but they all still have questionable efficacy. I'm sure they might help really low NWs but I don't think they will help much on the regrowth side of the things. The projects that Dr. Lausters, Dr. Jahodas and Dr. Angelos teams are working on are effectively a cure.
    Besides them I would definitely like Histogen to get funding I think they have potential, and Dr. Naughton said they saw increase in hair counts well after 2 years from the first application of HSC.
    SM recruited NW4+.