+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Couldnt you use a tiny dose of fin then instead of nothing? Medicine sometimes makes no sense because why not make a light/medium/strong version of propecia so someone can say take the light version that is .1mg finasteride and than cut that into pieces to take tiny amounts to just inhibit the minimal amount of DHT to get any result verses the one size fits all 1 mg. Not everyone has the same androgen levels but some fin is certainly better than none.

Quote Originally Posted by butzke View Post
    Here is the Complete RU58841 Usage Guide: https://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showth...41-Usage-Guide

It has alot of useful info, however I dont really want to bother with the measuring and mixing so i buy the premade solution from anageninc: http://anageninc.com/on-sale/ru58841-solution-50ml.html

I get the 5% one in K&B Solution, its less harsh than the PG + Ethanol which irritates my scalp. Of that I use 1 ml a day on my hairline, and after 3 months I see many new dark hairs at the front.

Its not as cheap as FIN, but i definitely prefer the non-systemic nature of it.
    Who says RU is not systemic? I mean odds are it does go systemic and wherever that RU goes its basically wiping out any androgen receptor it touches whether its skin, scalp(good), prostate, or wherever else those are at. I have thought about RU too but those receptors could be anywhere and no studies exist on what wiping those out might do.

Quote Originally Posted by burtandernie View Post
    Who says RU is not systemic? I mean odds are it does go systemic and wherever that RU goes its basically wiping out any androgen receptor it touches whether its skin, scalp(good), prostate, or wherever else those are at. I have thought about RU too but those receptors could be anywhere and no studies exist on what wiping those out might do.
    It doesn't "wipe out" your receptors, RU binds to them, which in turn doesnt allow DHT to attach. This only lasts for a day or two though, thats why you need to keep on covering your balding areas.

RU is a competitive agonist which gets broken down in the bloodstream, much safer then FIN which systematically inhibits enzymatic activity.

Quote Originally Posted by butzke View Post
    It doesn't "wipe out" your receptors, RU binds to them, which in turn doesnt allow DHT to attach. This only lasts for a day or two though, thats why you need to keep on covering your balding areas.

RU is a competitive agonist which gets broken down in the bloodstream, much safer then FIN which systematically inhibits enzymatic activity.
    Can someone please explain to me why RU was never made commercial?

bc theres something big pharma knows and we don't; perhaps the safety profile. i feel like if theres money to be made big pharma will jump on it; however if there is a chance they could receive bad press from an adverse reaction, then they want far from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerve View Post
    Can someone please explain to me why RU was never made commercial?

Quote Originally Posted by warner8 View Post
    bc theres something big pharma knows and we don't; perhaps the safety profile. i feel like if theres money to be made big pharma will jump on it; however if there is a chance they could receive bad press from an adverse reaction, then they want far from it.
    So RU is a barge poll thing then?