+ Reply to Thread

Default Manual FUE v/s ARTAS

I am new to this community and wanted to get some inputs. I am in my early thirties and considering undergoing a hair transplant. I have done online research and visited few doctors as well. I have ended getting mixed reviews:

- Doctors who have the Artas system (and also do manual) seem to claim that it is better than manual FUE because the machine provides more standardization , accuracy, better results and less scarring. These doctors have quoted the same price whether it is done manually or using Artas.

- Doctors who don't has Artas claim it is not better than manual FUE and results in poor results, wasted follicles and more scarring.

What are some of the considerations in deciding whether to go with manual FUE or ARTAS ? For those who have gone through this decided was it mainly driven by the Doctor you selected ?

Appreciate your response.

Quote Originally Posted by user0071 View Post
    I am new to this community and wanted to get some inputs. I am in my early thirties and considering undergoing a hair transplant. I have done online research and visited few doctors as well. I have ended getting mixed reviews:

- Doctors who have the Artas system (and also do manual) seem to claim that it is better than manual FUE because the machine provides more standardization , accuracy, better results and less scarring. These doctors have quoted the same price whether it is done manually or using Artas.

- Doctors who don't has Artas claim it is not better than manual FUE and results in poor results, wasted follicles and more scarring.

What are some of the considerations in deciding whether to go with manual FUE or ARTAS ? For those who have gone through this decided was it mainly driven by the Doctor you selected ?

Appreciate your response.
    I think the most experienced FUE surgeons who also have the ARTAS would not have gotten it if they did not believe it made the procedure better. It makes sense that the graft extraction will be more consistent with the robot, but I think a combination of both robotic and manual makes the most sense since it’s been said that the robot has some limitations. I do think that many patients base their decision on their doctor's recommendation, but if your seeing a great doctor then that’s not a bad thing.

I did a lot of research and finally did the procedure just about 4 weeks ago. I agree with you, it is hard to make a decision. For me, it was important to go for the latest technology (Artas), but also to find a Doctor who has the experience and knowledge to know how best use Artas and give me good results. So, for those reasons, even though I Live in Philadelphia, I chose Dr. Turowski in Chicago. His credentials were great and his practice had won some kind of award from the Robotic company for doing well with Artas. I am hoping for good results, but have to wait to see. (you could check my blog for more feedback on my procedure)