Kythera - KYTH-105 (setipiprant), other drug now approved (ATX-101)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HairlossAt15
    • May 2013

Kythera - KYTH-105 (setipiprant), other drug now approved (ATX-101)

Good news Kythera have updated thier website and put setipiprant as an official product

The other product to do with double chins has been approved as well, so hopefully now they will focus more on setipiprant
  • Gerhard
    • Jan 2015

Originally posted by HairlossAt15
    Good news Kythera have updated thier website and put setipiprant as an official product

The other product to do with double chins has been approved as well, so hopefully now they will focus more on setipiprant
    Great update to see. I hope it comes to fruition with all due haste.

Comment

• BiqqieSmalls
      • Feb 2015

Proof-of-concept set for late 2015 or early 2016.

I can't imagine what life will be like with either SM or Bim as our topical treatments and Fin and Setipiprant as our oral treatments. I'm excited for the future!

Comment

• rdawg
        • Jun 2012

Originally posted by BiqqieSmalls
        Proof-of-concept set for late 2015 or early 2016.

I can't imagine what life will be like with either SM or Bim as our topical treatments and Fin and Setipiprant as our oral treatments. I'm excited for the future!
        Let's not forget about CB either.

It seems obvious the next step is just improvements to the archaic drugs.

one of these drugs that are on the horizon has to pull through, the science supports many of them unlike drugs in the past, BIM, CB and this product seem very promising and have science/early studies that have proven efficacy. , SM is a bit of a wild-card imo.

Comment

• It's2014ComeOnAlready
          • Sep 2014

Originally posted by rdawg
          Let's not forget about CB either.

It seems obvious the next step is just improvements to the archaic drugs.

one of these drugs that are on the horizon has to pull through, the science supports many of them unlike drugs in the past, BIM, CB and this product seem very promising and have science/early studies that have proven efficacy. , SM is a bit of a wild-card imo.
          Is it a wildcard though? There is some serious science behind it: http://www.uphs.upenn.edu/news/News_...013/12/millar/

It's a novel approach, but one that's highly logical and research based.

Comment

• deuce
            • May 2013

This is cool. But most of us will be bald in 5+ years if this passes through trials.

Comment

• champpy
              • Apr 2015

Im pretty new to all these future treatments, but what are the chances that this becomes available from other sources first (much like the online sites that sell RU). Could we see setipiprant sold like that before its officially released by Kythera?

Comment

• Hemo
                • Apr 2015

Originally posted by champpy
                Im pretty new to all these future treatments, but what are the chances that this becomes available from other sources first (much like the online sites that sell RU). Could we see setipiprant sold like that before its officially released by Kythera?
                There is already a group buy for setipiprant...

Comment

• bigentries
                  • Dec 2011

Setitiprant has already been trialled. If it regrew hair as a side effect, you would have already heard about it.

Pretty sure they are taking another approach when it comes to application, Follica is probably involved in some way since I can't see them being too happy with Cotsarelis otherwise

Without insider knowledge I don't think any forum trial is going to be produce something

Comment

• BiqqieSmalls
                    • Feb 2015

Originally posted by bigentries
                    Setitiprant has already been trialled. If it regrew hair as a side effect, you would have already heard about it.

Pretty sure they are taking another approach when it comes to application, Follica is probably involved in some way since I can't see them being too happy with Cotsarelis otherwise
                    They're using the same application for asthma as MPB; oral delivery. Also, are you saying it won't be effective?

Comment

• rdawg
                      • Jun 2012

Without insider knowledge I don't think any forum trial is going to be produce something
                      wasn't it trialled orally? I believe administering it topically at a different dosage could make a huge difference. someone corect me here

Comment

• It's2014ComeOnAlready
                        • Sep 2014

Originally posted by rdawg
                        wasn't it trialled orally? I believe administering it topically at a different dosage could make a huge difference. someone corect me here
                        The argument that "they would've seen a result in earlier trials" is pointless. We don't know the proper dosage used for hair loss relative to asthma or allergic rhinitis. Cots had done about 7 years of his own research on this, and Kythera had done 2 years of it's own research with Cots, before deciding to start trials.

Comment

• bigentries
                          • Dec 2011

Originally posted by BiqqieSmalls
                          They're using the same application for asthma as MPB; oral delivery. Also, are you saying it won't be effective?
                          Where do people get it's going to be an oral treatment? I never saw a press release where they explicitly stated it was going to be oral or topical

I don't know if it would be effective. I'm just saying, the method of delivery is still a mystery. Taking it orally as past trials is probably useless, while using it as a topical brings a lot of variables into play

Comment

• Swooping
                            • May 2014

Where do people get it's going to be an oral treatment? I never saw a press release where they explicitly stated it was going to be oral or topical

I don't know if it would be effective. I'm just saying, the method of delivery is still a mystery. Taking it orally as past trials is probably useless, while using it as a topical brings a lot of variables into play
                            It will be given orally; http://files.shareholder.com/downloa...tipiprant_.pdf (page 10)
                            http://files.shareholder.com/downloa...ck_3.12.15.pdf (page 27)

They handle a perfect strategy in that one especially with such a perfect safety profile of the compound itself. Then again I don't believe in the whole PGD2 hypothesis. But we'll see!

Comment

• bigentries
                              • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Swooping
                              It will be given orally; http://files.shareholder.com/downloa...tipiprant_.pdf (page 10)
                              http://files.shareholder.com/downloa...ck_3.12.15.pdf (page 27)

They handle a perfect strategy in that one especially with such a perfect safety profile of the compound itself. Then again I don't believe in the whole PGD2 hypothesis. But we'll see!
                              Well, the first link talks about possibilities, but the second document clearly states they are going for an oral treatment

Not really that excited, but again, they could be planning some sort of special oral delivery

I still find it hard to believe Follica let Cotsarelis run away with a potential treatment this easily. I was expecting for them to push their wounding obsession in this treatment too

Comment

Working...