+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 49 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Default Further Follicept civil conversation

I understand the policy violations in the past Follicept threads however I'm trying to open a new one since most of the forum members would like to remain informed on this new potential treatment.
    BTT has always been a great place to share ideas and news for baldies around the world and I honestly hope we could continue to use the forum to share information on this or any other potential treatment regardless how controversial the conversation might get

I was thinking the same thing. Good job.

Great idea! I have enjoyed following Follicept. I think DEBATE is good and should always be welcomed. SARCASM and INSULTS have NO place in any educated discussion. Let's keep this real.

I think it’s a good idea, but I do not think that guy Devon should be allowed to continue to pander to the more desperate members of this forum. I understand the mods here try to keep things fair and balanced and try to give people the benefit of the doubt, but I personally think he should be excluded from any discussion and so should anyone who violated any of the rules on the other Follicept threads.

At least this way people can give their real impressions without all the bickering and without that guy Devon trying to play Mr. nice guy or play the “victim” like he does on his own blog. Another thing is that anyone who would believe anything that a company like this says on their own blog is crazy. It’s so easy to manipulate desperate people, especially if you play up to them like Devon has. It’s utterly unprofessional for any real medical research team to attempt to build relationships with desperate hair loss forum members and act like he is their friend. I think it’s a good idea to keep our eyes open and to continue to talk about Follicept here on BTT.

What do you say Winston? I do not personally believe that this will be anything more than another cosmetic product sold as a hair loss “cure,” but it will be interesting to see how things play out.

As a long time member here, it always makes me sad to see just how easy it is to create hype on these forums. All one has to do is make it appear like they are really onto something and then work the crowd. Oh, and if they have a website and post a couple of Youtube videos they have instant credibility among the really young and desperate on the forums.

I think it’s fine to discuss Follicept, but it’s very difficult to take them seriously and I caution everyone to wait for independent verification before putting this stuff on your heads once they start selling it. We all know how easy it is to manipulate before and after pictures and even video can be manipulated with some light variance. I agree with Delphi that it’s going to be interesting to see how this plays out, but I’m in it purely for the entertainment value

Quote Originally Posted by Delphi View Post
    I think it’s a good idea, but I do not think that guy Devon should be allowed to continue to pander to the more desperate members of this forum. I understand the mods here try to keep things fair and balanced and try to give people the benefit of the doubt, but I personally think he should be excluded from any discussion and so should anyone who violated any of the rules on the other Follicept threads.

At least this way people can give their real impressions without all the bickering and without that guy Devon trying to play Mr. nice guy or play the “victim” like he does on his own blog. Another thing is that anyone who would believe anything that a company like this says on their own blog is crazy. It’s so easy to manipulate desperate people, especially if you play up to them like Devon has. It’s utterly unprofessional for any real medical research team to attempt to build relationships with desperate hair loss forum members and act like he is their friend. I think it’s a good idea to keep our eyes open and to continue to talk about Follicept here on BTT.

What do you say Winston? I do not personally believe that this will be anything more than another cosmetic product sold as a hair loss “cure,” but it will be interesting to see how things play out.

Ding dong, the witch is dead.

Maybe this thread should have been re named to 'lets all slate follicept'.

Seriously though, they've had nobody's money and until they have sufficient proof it grows hair they won't get anybody's money. Please respect these people for at least trying to find an alternative to crippling pills, disgusting foams and pathetic hair transplants. Obviously it could flop, We all know this, but as no money is being requested then let us stop moaning and have patience.

Quote Originally Posted by gainspotter View Post
    Maybe this thread should have been re named to 'lets all slate follicept'.

Seriously though, they've had nobody's money and until they have sufficient proof it grows hair they won't get anybody's money. Please respect these people for at least trying to find an alternative to crippling pills, disgusting foams and pathetic hair transplants. Obviously it could flop, We all know this, but as no money is being requested then let us stop moaning and have patience.
    I think being civil and having patients is always the way to go, but we all have to realize the Devon came here for a reason and even states on his own website that “BTT served its purpose”. Asking for money right away isn’t the smart move and they know this. Endearing themselves and becoming entrenched in the hair loss community will be much more effective in the end, so no one on these forums should be naive enough to think otherwise. The fact that Devon asked for feed back on their logo and for other ideas from the community is a classic psychological tactic for building trust.

I think having a real and respectful discussion about Follicept and not one filled with hype, speculation and desperate hope can be very beneficial.

I don’t think a civil, respectful discussion will ever gain any traction. These types of overnight hit products usually attract the really aggressive types on all the forums. They are either going to kiss Devon’s ass or call him a scam artist, and there is usually no real middle ground. I think it’s best to just keep this type of nonsense off the forum, it only gives kids false hope and gives legitimacy to Follicept, If Follicept ends up working, we’ll all learn about it in the news. If history has taught us anything, not a single company who has used these forums to promote their cures has ever amounted to anything.

I really don't think Devon is to blame for anything. Go back through the old posts. The conversation was completely civil until certain members of this forum made it otherwise. He was simply stating that they had a product that showed potential. He never said they were 100% sure of it's effectiveness. The dreamers turned it into a dream and the haters turned it into a fraud.