Further Follicept civil conversation

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Swooping
    • May 2014

StayThick you mentioned you were off minoxidil and finasteride. How long is that ago?

Assuming minoxidil worked for you, you are going to get hefty sheds trust me. It only a matter of time.

You are btw courageous for stopping minoxidil & finasteride. Trust me that follicept will NEVER approach a treatment like minoxidil in terms of effectiveness.

Comment

• serenemoon
      • Jan 2014

Originally posted by StayThick
      No reaction to leg. None. I think I will continue, but that doesn't change what occurred. Had a massive shed. Thanks Keki, much appreciate your responses.
      If I may suggest a second day of leg reaction on Sunday. Just because you didn't have the reaction the first day and better to make sure it is safe for you...What do you think?

Comment

• stayhopeful
        • Feb 2013

yo let's see some more pics of this 10/10 you guys are talking about

haha

Comment

• SOTF
          • Jul 2013

That's cause for concern? I've shed 3x that when I was first experiencing hair loss. I could sit there and pluck a hundred hairs out in a given area.

Comment

• NeedHairASAP
            • Jul 2011

I'm with bigentires. It's kind of weird that you are the only person that shed like this out of 7 or 8 people...

That said, you seem genuine.

I'd suggest not live posting your experience like a twitter feed. I'm sure that follicept doesn't really appreciate it. You've pretty much axed anybody else's chances of pre-trailing by showing them it's a massive risk (when it shoudln't be)

Not saying you shouldn't tell us, but maybe should have attempted to figure out between you and follicept first.

Comment

• JayM
              • Apr 2015

Stay hopeful, the guy or the girl

Comment

• Hemo
                • Apr 2015

Can we see before and after pics? A sink with hair in it doesn't tell us that much.

Comment

• TheUltimatePoet
                  • Jul 2011

This is a bit alarming, but I hope this is just temporary and that follicept eventually find out what just happened to you.

Comment

• nameless
                    • Feb 2013

Originally posted by Keki
                    this is not possible in 2 days come on...

it's interestign because

1) Reaction on the second application and not the first one, while if it was an allergy it should have started a soon as he applied it
                    2) shed only in area with good density
                    3) itch but not inflammed skin

dunno dude, if i were in you i would try a last HALF dose tomorrow and see what happen (maybe wash before and after), if you are concerned about an allergy then drop the treatment

I think that if it was something negative/harmful there would probably be redness and/or swelling and/or bumps, and perhaps some irritation/pain. It sounds like there's none of this. I think that there is a very real possibility that the weaker hairs are falling out because new hairs are cycling...possibly as a result of the treatment. You might be getting positive results.

I think that if this were an allergic reaction of some sort it would have happened with the first application.

I'm not certain what to make of this but your experience makes me feel like this treatment might actually be working.

In my view, it seems like *if* the Follicept treatment is working the hair shed might happen sooner than sheds happen with RU or minoxidil (or any of the other treatments we have used) because IGF-1 should affect hair growth/loss further down the hair-growth/loss pathway. Theoretically, Follicept hopefully doesn't have to go through the entire length of the pathway to work. IGF-1 probably mediates hair growth near the end of the entire pathway.

I actually think that what you're experiencing might be a good sign.

Comment

• sdsurfin
                      • Sep 2013

stay thick dude just stay with it. a shed doesn't mean you're gonna lose all your hair. I would honestly see this as a very good sign, as IGF-1 is said to restart the hair cycle. this might mean that its more effective for you than anyone else. In my experience the only time I shed and itch is when I start using something like minox or fin and growth happens. Id say theres probably zero chance that you're gonna end up worse off than when you started, the other guys in the trial are at 4 weeks, and honestly i don't see any improvement, but i really doubt you can do much harm. Shed seems like more of a good thing to me than a bad thing. my gf sheds that much hair all the time into the sink and has more hair than anyone I know.

Comment

• bananana
                        Inactive
                        • Feb 2012

Jeez, 10 hairs in the sink and the whole internet goes berserk?
                        I experience that any time I wash my hair.

Comment

• diffuseloser
                          • Sep 2014

It doesn't really look like that much hair to me. I'm used to having at least this amount shed every day. How much of the hair in proportion to the hair on the sides of the sink went down the drain? I can't advise you one way or the other what way to proceed. It's your decision whether to carry on and you don't have to justify that to anyone. See how you feel Monday and hope you got over the initial panic of the shed. Thanks for taking it upon yourself to do this for the value of the forum.

Comment

• Arashi
                            • Aug 2012

I've talked to Boldy, he says the shedding might be due to stress.

Some joker created an account on follicept's site under my name, that site has gone crazy This account has nothing to do with my accout here, if anyone wondered ... Although I do agree what he said about Frenchnewbie

Comment

• champpy
                              • Apr 2015

Satythick, did you continue to shed alot overnight?

Comment

• Pelillos
                                • Apr 2015

StayThick being involved in the process and being free to publish his own photos and to tell his experience war the first good detail from the Follicept team for me, and with this issue I'm get interested. If this is not an alergic reaction but causes by the product itself, it means that a very little dose is doing something and the vehicle works, so maybe it could be proved with hundreds of other sustances in such little quantities as to being tagged as cosmetic and being released earlier. I mean, no the need of the 5 years.
                                Thanks StayThick!

Comment

Working...