+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 49 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 44 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Keki View Post
    A shed happen only with minox becuse it push and synchronize a new hair cycle, so it's a good thing only for minox users
    This could also be happening to StayThick. His scalp could be kicking off a whole new hair growth cycle with the shed being the first sign.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you, StayThick.

Quote Originally Posted by StayThick View Post
    Guys the concern I have is how quickly this all occurred. I haven't had a shed in God knows how long. Just sporadic shedding daily like most. Trust me, I pay attention to anything/everything that involves my hair. In the shower, when I brush, etc.

I can confirm this was rather startling for me. How can shedding be a good thing in my case considering I've only used 2 vials!!!

I explained this to the Follicept team and they mentioned of few theories but they don't know for sure obviously.

I've been on this forum for a while, I've seen people try RU, Propecia, Rogaine, etc. and experience sheds, but usually it takes a little time for this to occur.

Where I am king up is after the 2nd dose? Thoughts guys? Wtf.
    Here ya go.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11176691

http://archderm.jamanetwork.com/arti...ticleid=478194

Quote Originally Posted by cuprous View Post
    This could also be happening to StayThick. His scalp could be kicking off a whole new hair growth cycle with the shed being the first sign.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you, StayThick.
    this is not possible in 2 days come on...

it's interestign because

1) Reaction on the second application and not the first one, while if it was an allergy it should have started a soon as he applied it
    2) shed only in area with good density
    3) itch but not inflammed skin

dunno dude, if i were in you i would try a last HALF dose tomorrow and see what happen (maybe wash before and after), if you are concerned about an allergy then drop the treatment

What shampoo/conditioner do you use? Curious. This is definitely assumption on my part, but it may be that contact dermatitis was caused by shampoo residue reacting with Follicept gel? If you are going to try this again, I would even suggest using a mild shampoo, maybe even a natural/organic one (though that won't guanratee that you won't get it again for sure, but worth a shot.)

Quote Originally Posted by Keki View Post
    this is not possible in 2 days come on...

it's interestign because

1) Reaction on the second application and not the first one, while if it was an allergy it should have started a soon as he applied it
    2) shed only in area with good density
    3) itch but not inflammed skin

dunno dude, if i were in you i would try a last HALF dose tomorrow and see what happen (maybe wash before and after), if you are concerned about an allergy then drop the treatment
    Remember, the treatment schedule is M-W-F. So I'm not due for another application until Monday...and I'm scared the F to do it.

What would you honestly do considering my situation? I told Devon and Steve my concerns and the next few days would be vital in seeing how my hair reacts. Come Monday, I might apply another dose and monitor but for now I'm going to see how my scalp acts the next few days before committing. That's how alarmed I am.

Quote Originally Posted by serenemoon View Post
    What shampoo/conditioner do you use? Curious. This is definitely assumption on my part, but it may be that contact dermatitis was caused by shampoo residue reacting with Follicept gel? If you are going to try this again, I would even suggest using a mild shampoo, maybe even a natural/organic one (though that won't guanratee that you won't get it again for sure, but worth a shot.)
    I use Revita shampoo and conditioner. Never had any issues with this combo before.

Quote Originally Posted by StayThick View Post
    I use Revita shampoo and conditioner. Never had any issues with this combo before.
    I hear ya. My concern is not the shampoo/conditioner itself, but its residue and its reaction with follicept gel. Worth a shot, but it is your call. I can only imagine the fear you feel. I am positive it is contact dermatitis though. TE happens with contact dermatitis.

Would you be open to trying it on a small swatch of skin?

Dude i suggest you to use a natural shampoo while using follicept, remember a lot of shit can pass the stratum corneum with their vehicle, shit that is not designed to pass the skin, just use water, a really fast shampoo to get rid of the sebum and dead hairs, wait a little and use half doses to see what happen, it dooesn't make any sense the allergic reaction to half scalp where you had density while nothing on the thin side

serenemoon that study talk about telogen effluvium 4 month after the dermatitis, i mean it could still be possible but only with an acid chinese crap which burn everything or a real allergic reaction

Quote Originally Posted by serenemoon View Post
    Would you be open to trying it on a small swatch of skin?
    Where on leg hair, arm hair? I would be willing to try this yes.