+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 49 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Justinian View Post
    I posted this before but Greco's PRP formula has IGF-1 in it and in studies it has shown 10-20% regrowth. That is via injection.
    You mean this study: http://grecomedicalgroup.com/eblast/...iavone-PRP.pdf where they judged results by the Jaeschke Mickey Mouse Scale ?

Quote Originally Posted by Hemo View Post
    It's been 3 weeks and half of their subjects are beyond help IMO. I don't think follicept will work but still think it's too early to definitively say so. Wish they'd trial AAPE instead. And I understand Dr. Hsu's reasoning for pulse therapy, but it doesn't seem like he's very sure about how long each "pulse" should be.
    3 weeks is a very short time to judge a hair regrowth treatment. Granted that Follicept gave people the wrong hope that they expected to "see positive results in a few weeks." https://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showth...ht=#post205061

Most people who have tried a hair regrowth treatment know that hair really does take time to regrow, and that it is not going to happen in a "few weeks", if it happens at all!

I think you need to give them at least 6 months to decide if it has the potential to regrow hair.

You could blame Follicept for being extremely naive and pushing this unrealistic hair growth time frame, but I also think we ourselves collectively are also to blame because we want to believe these claims.

It is like someone who wants to lose 14 pounds of weight in 2 weeks: it us very unrealistic to achieve it in reality!

Quote Originally Posted by Afghanwig View Post
    You mean this study: http://grecomedicalgroup.com/eblast/...iavone-PRP.pdf where they judged results by the Jaeschke Mickey Mouse Scale ?
    http://www.hindawi.com/journals/bmri/2014/760709/

I know Greco is doing/did some studies with Italians. I'm not sure if it's the same people.

http://www.hindawi.com/journals/bmri/2014/760709/

I know Greco is doing/did some studies with Italians. I'm not sure if it's the same people.
    That's a study looking into the effects of PRP on AA patients, *not* on AGA patients. Further more it's a pilot study, not a controlled one. And then, PRP is different from administering growth factors directly and even more different from administering a single growth factor like IGF-1.

Quote Originally Posted by Afghanwig View Post
    That's a study looking into the effects of PRP on AA patients, *not* on AGA patients. Further more it's a pilot study, not a controlled one. And then, PRP is different from administering growth factors directly and even more different from administering a single growth factor like IGF-1.
    You're right, it's easy to confuse AA for androgenic alopecia. There are other studies showing it is effective too such as http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4134641/

You're right, it's easy to confuse AA for androgenic alopecia. There are other studies showing it is effective too such as http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4134641/
    Yeah that's AGA. However again, a pilot study without control. And also again, PRP might be very different from administering growth factors directly. The idea with PRP is that it secretes growth factors. Yet it might really be something else to inject growth factors directly. And then there's Follicept, who only injects one growth factor, which also happens to be the growth factor LEAST associated with hair growth:

http://i.imgur.com/ouAGMWB.png

Quote Originally Posted by hair4us2 View Post
    3 weeks is a very short time to judge a hair regrowth treatment. Granted that Follicept gave people the wrong hope that they expected to "see positive results in a few weeks." https://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showth...ht=#post205061

Most people who have tried a hair regrowth treatment know that hair really does take time to regrow, and that it is not going to happen in a "few weeks", if it happens at all!

I think you need to give them at least 6 months to decide if it has the potential to regrow hair.

You could blame Follicept for being extremely naive and pushing this unrealistic hair growth time frame, but I also think we ourselves collectively are also to blame because we want to believe these claims.

It is like someone who wants to lose 14 pounds of weight in 2 weeks: it us very unrealistic to achieve it in reality!
    Hair counts from minoxidil peak already at 12-16 weeks.

[IMG][/IMG]

For those that do not know, I was given the opportunity by Devon and Dr. Hsu @ Follicept to meet with them, pick their brain, find out more about the company, their motives, and ultimately be a part of the current friends and family trial they have going on at the moment. I didn't think Devon would take me up on my initial offer on here to want in on the trial and for the purposes of tracking my experience and findings on this forum, but he did. Considering the majority backlash he has received here, he did relay the offer and I took him on it. I hope it's helpful for the community since I live in FL and have been member for a few years now. If anybody wants to even question me, point their finger and say I work for Follicept or some other lunacy, challenge my integrity, or any of the other nonsense I have seen day in and day out on this forum for years then I will say right now....go bleep yourself and simply don't follow the thread.

About my experience, my experience was a positive one. I got a first hand glance at their operation and had the luxury of meeting with Dr. Hsu himself at his home to have an open dialogue regarding this potential hair loss treatment. I can say this, Dr. Hsu is a very intelligent dude and he explained the science behind this treatment and his strong belief in his proprietary delivery vehicle, which he believes is key to all this obviously.

I do not know if this will work. My honest opinion? Devon and Dr. Hsu do not know if this will work 100%, but what I do know is that Dr. Hsu believes in this enough to attempt a small, quick trial to gather any information he can from the individuals trialing it. They wasted no time guys. They wanted to see if this has potential right now on humans or not versus having to wait for funding, etc. to start to a proper trial. I have no problem being a guinea pig for something I believe is safe. I just don't. It's that simple.

The attached picture is the 12-gel vials I have for the month. I was told to apply each on M-W-F for 4 straight weeks and then wait. Wait to see if the effects (if any) continue, get worse, or stay stagnate. That's the interesting part. The team doesn't know what to expect after this time period, but Dr. Hsu has a theory and wants to see the effects after treatment. BTW- I am currently taking no hair-loss treatments as I have stopped Rogaine for quite some time and Propecia. Shampoo I use is Revita if anybody cares to know that.

I have already taken baseline photos, but will take a few more tonight to post on this forum and this forum only. Let's see if this shows promise or not. Hopefully, I can provide my insight and experience to help you all formulate your own opinion on this treatment. That's my goal. I hope this works to some degree.

Wish me luck.

I always welcome testing potential treatments. Have to say I am sceptical about this working but I definitely want it to work. I hope you get regrowth StayThick. And I hope you'll keep us posted.

Good luck mate. All the best with it