+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by TheUltimatePoet View Post
    The day after when I was showering, my dickhead was really small, cold and white because there was so little blood in it.
    Sorry you had sides, but I had to laugh when I read this shit.

Quote Originally Posted by KO1 View Post
    Try lowering dosage, EOD etc
    I was on 1.25mg EOD for the month before I quit. I'm trying 0.625 per day right now to see if there's any improvement this time.

Thanks for the reply uc14. I hope it works out better for you.

As for me, I am done. The experience I had was quite terrifying and put things into perspective (when your Johnson is threatened, hair just seems stupid in comparison : D). Besides, I am a Norwood II-III, and judging by male family members I will have most of my hair well into my 40s, so for me the benefits just don't justify the risks. Hopefully something else will come in the near future!

In the meantime I am using minoxidil and Nizoral. I am even trying Tom Haggerty's scalp exercise, even though I think it is a long shot.

Eh I think I would take hair over sex given the choice. Sex drive is pretty over rated and gets guys to do some really stupid stuff. Hair is always with you and confidence is something sex wont ever give you when its finished. Everyone is different though so no opinion is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Notcoolanymore View Post
    Sorry you had sides, but I had to laugh when I read this shit.
    Well, I am glad my pain can give joy to others. ;-)

Seriously though, it was really scary. Luckily things are back to normal and it again has a healthy, purplish-shine!

Quote Originally Posted by TheUltimatePoet View Post
    Well, I am glad my pain can give joy to others. ;-)

Seriously though, it was really scary. Luckily things are back to normal and it again has a healthy, purplish-shine!
    This could've been because of the type of underwear you wear. I noticed when I wear Nike compression pants, it "suffocates" my dick and I begin to see what you mentioned before..no color, etc

Quote Originally Posted by KO1 View Post
    Try lowering dosage, EOD etc
    definitely...

Hey,

Your experience is identical to mine. Im a 20yr old male who just started balding but I got on finasteride before it was noticeable to the untrained eye. When I was taking it the side effects hit me slowing first with random massive headaches for like a second or two and then with weaker erections. I never suffered from ED or anything. Now I believe I am a week off finesteride and I still have all the side effects but I hoping it all goes back to normal (fingers crossed) soon. My problem is that I was on month 3 and went through the shedding phase. Now I've decided that the severity of the side effects was too much. Now that I'm off I wanted to know if you ever regained your hair after getting off of finasteride i.e back to where you started.

I'm going to be perfectly honest with you dude, but the problem isn't that you are losing your hair, the problem is the fact that you 'feel' that you need to take products to get it back.

I have recently lost my hair, and for a while it was tough to deal with. However one day something clicked in my head, and I realised that going bald literally isn't a big deal, at all. I realised that all of my negative thoughts were COMPLETELY unjustified and based on horrid and false misconceptions of male pattern baldness. I can literally name the misconceptions that most bald men will experience:

1. Women/men won't find me attractive anymore (Completely false. As is the case with relationships in general, you will always find that within your ideal sex, people have different standards of what is beautiful to them. Nothing new right. However if you were to talk to a lot of people, you'd find that the majority LITERALLY couldn't give a crap about you being bald. Personality, confidence, dress sense and other tangibles are FAR more important).

2. People will see me different (Maybe for the first couple of days, but after they will get used to it and won't even dwell on it. The only person who is likely to dwell on it is the bald man himself, and this is only because he lets himself).

3. I looked so much better with hair (Once again, this is literally you saying this, and thus is not accurate of what OTHER people think. In my case, I have actually had people say I look better and more handsome bald. What's more, most new people you meet will only know the bald you, so present the new you as the best you. Trust me, it comes across really well).

Here is another point I want to strongly emphasise. If you feel that you can't live without your hair and have no choice but to take restoration products, it shows you have internal demons that you will have to address, and no amount of hair transplants will solve them. The only way is to face your demons head on and to smile in their faces. OWNING your baldness and using it to improve yourself is BY FAR the best thing you will ever do to combat your sadness, and anyone who says otherwise is either trying to sale you treatments or is giving you the wrong advice.

I'm always here to talk if you need some lifestyle tips dude .

https://www.instagram.com/smooth__nation/

Quote Originally Posted by xpkgdt View Post
    Hey,

Your experience is identical to mine. Im a 20yr old male who just started balding but I got on finasteride before it was noticeable to the untrained eye. When I was taking it the side effects hit me slowing first with random massive headaches for like a second or two and then with weaker erections. I never suffered from ED or anything. Now I believe I am a week off finesteride and I still have all the side effects but I hoping it all goes back to normal (fingers crossed) soon. My problem is that I was on month 3 and went through the shedding phase. Now I've decided that the severity of the side effects was too much. Now that I'm off I wanted to know if you ever regained your hair after getting off of finasteride i.e back to where you started.
    hey man have you fully recovered yet?