5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

2 40.00%
  • No

0 0%
  • Maybe

3 60.00%
+ Reply to Thread

Default Should donor region look like this?

First, I want to say thanks for the advice I've gotten on this forum before. It is extremely handy to have a place to get honest and straightforward advice about FUE/FUT procedures and hairloss. I am posting this because, at this particular time, the donor region of my head looks a little different than how I thought it would look after an FUE procedure. This was with a very well-known doctor and was 1600 grafts. Posted are pictures of the donor region 13 days after surgery. In the third picture, the very back of my head (as well as on the sides, a little), I believe I large patches of grafted-area side-by-side with un-grafted areas. When my hair was cut 5 days ago (no guard), nothing seemed very noticeable. However, now, the blothces of grafted-skin and non-grafted skin are extremely noticeable, to me anyways.

So my question is, should I expect a result like this - a result that does seem to show blotches of grafted and un-grafted skin this visible? I am looking close and do notice that in some places, I simply have very few follicles. I attached a picture with red lines around the major areas I'm concerned about. Thanks in advance for any help. Also for some reason I seem to get these tiny red bumps all over - don't know why. But that is a whole different topic.

-Mark
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1694.jpg

Size:	93.7 KB
ID:	38846   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1695.jpg

Size:	96.1 KB
ID:	38847   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1697 1.jpg

Size:	93.3 KB
ID:	38848   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1697 2.jpg

Size:	93.1 KB
ID:	38849   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1698.jpg

Size:	94.8 KB
ID:	38850   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1699.jpg

Size:	92.4 KB
ID:	38851  

It really looks invisible to me , Nice hair cut

Thank you doctor. If I am understanding you correctly, you are saying the hair growth of the donor region may normalize, or begin to even-out, Is that correct? If so, I am only lost on how hair growth will normalize. My searches and reviews of this website have somewhat led me to believe that when an FUE follicle is extracted, it is no longer possible for hair to regrow there, as the follicle is permanently gone (unless it might be a partial FUE extraction or another type of method leaving parts of the follicle).

Do you mean normalize as in, the hair of the donor region has started growing at a smaller rate as compared to before, due to the trauma caused in the donor region removing the grafts? I'm just trying to figure out how it would even out. Both you and my doctor have said it will get and look better, which I do believe. I'm just trying to understand exactly how it will. Of course, it is entirely likely that I am not understanding something in this mix. You are the doctors and ultimately have the knowledge and expertise needed to give sound advice.

I definitely appreciate the responses doc. All very informative, and I now have a much clearer picture of what may affect donor-area hair growth post-operation.

Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)

Nothing looks out of place ! Looks good!

Give it time bro, it will normalize, and if u feel like it is itching then please try not to scratch. It will all be good.