+ Reply to Thread

Default My lifelong hairloss plan!!

Greetings all,

I have been all over this forum for a long time now, reading all about your stories, your treatments and the such.

Thought i'd introduce myself and share my plan!

Basically I noticed I was receding at 21, it was a worry, but I didn't obsess over it until recently. I thought it wouldn't get bad until I was in my late 30's or that it was just a mature hairline and would stop as no one in my family is bald (except my older brother who is similar to me). I have also been in a loving relationship for the past 6 years and knew she wouldn't care if I went bald.

Unfortunately me and my girlfriend split in December, and since the split my hairline took a plunge to the point of being noticeable!
    Not sure if it would of happened anyway or if it was due to mental stress, physical stress, or malnutrition (I had a slight opiate addiction and had withdrawals for a week and didn't eat anything) I also had been smoking alot and eating shit food since December.

Anyway, I've had a horrible horrible time, as I have lost the most beautiful perfect girlfriend who loved me whatever, and I am soon going to have to shave my ugly head.
    I always have suffered from depression. I have low self esteem and no confidence anyway. This baldness will truly F*** me up!

My problem is I have no idea how bald I am going to end up so this makes hair transplantation tricky! But I believe I have come up with a plan.

I am 26 now, I have started Propecia and regaine foam a couple of weeks ago. I'm quitting smoking and starting on the paleo diet. If I get bad sides from fin I shall try topical RU instead. I will stick with these for a year as I save up some money, shaving my head at some point when it gets really bad. But also to test out if I can live with a bald head.
    I shall then get a FUE transplant with a good doctor to rebuild a Norwood 2 hairline. I need to find a doctor who uses the smallest punches to leave hopefully unnoticeable scarring, even looking at Dr Gho or hopefully by next year Dr Wesley's pilofocus will be available!
    This procedure and maybe another one down the road will see me through to my mid 30's. If however the recession carrys on, or I bald at the crown. I will shave my head leaving tiny amount of stubble and get SMP to fill any bald areas and any white dot scarring. I am impressed with SMP, but think having real hair at the hairline would make it 99% effective at deceiving anyone.

Then finally when i'm gone 50. I shall laser off any tattoo and transplanted hair and have a distinguished norwood 5/6 (whatever I will be) and beard like Mr Sean Connery.

What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by BottleCap View Post
    I have also been in a loving relationship for the past 6 years and knew she wouldn't care if I went bald.

Unfortunately me and my girlfriend split in December
    If I had a quarter for every time I have read this....