+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default How long do you have?

Once your hair starts receding does it commonly go fast or go slow? I see a lot of people saying they won't have their hair much longer but it looks like they have still have somewhat thick hair. Do people who recede in their 20's always end up going to a nw5+?

MPB, if left untreated, will most likely keep progressing until you are eventually fully bald. However, the rate of hair loss progression is unpredictable. Maybe it will slow down after a while, or maybe, if you're lucky, it could stop completely at a certain point (unlikely, but still possible). On the other hand, a guy could go from NW1 to NW7 in three years.

Generally, however, the earlier that MPB begins, the more aggressive it is. One of my friends had a strong receding hairline at age 16, and was a NW4 at 19 and was completely bald at 21. A man who begins losing hair in his late 30s, on the other hand, would most likely go bald at a slow, gradual pace, and may never even end up reaching NW5-NW7 territory.

Theres also a lot of stressors that can increase the aggressiveness of it. I am very sensitive to DHT, and experimented with a lot of androgenic supplements in my youth (18-24), so I saw hair miniaturization very quickly. As soon as I stopped and got on min / fin, it began to stabilize / no further shedding. Its extremely hard to predict how fast it will go, but pretty much left untreated you'll go bald in most cases if your susceptible enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Y gwningen llwyd View Post
    One of my friends had a strong receding hairline at age 16, and was a NW4 at 19 and was completely bald at 21.
    I believe there are very few men who would be able to maintain their true character going through balding at that rate.

Quote Originally Posted by thejack View Post
    I believe there are very few men who would be able to maintain their true character going through balding at that rate.
    Indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by thejack View Post
    Yes, indeed. It must be absolutely devastating for a guy to lose all his hair so young. Patrick Stewart is one example, if I'm not mistaken. Didn't he lose all his hair very quickly at age 19?

I think my friend is very self-conscious of his hair loss, and I can tell it bothers him. He doesn't talk about it much, though. He's 27 now, and has been a NW7 since he was at college. Moreover, he has the worst possible head-shape for being bald, and he is very lean and pale. He had one girlfriend about a year ago, but she was never really very interested in him, and she ended the relationship after a couple of months. I'm guessing his lack of hair was a put-off for her. He makes up for his hair loss as best he can through remaining confident, however.

We all know really, though, that most women don't care less how much confidence and charm you have so long as your head looks like your "derriere".

Each person is different. And so, each balding experience is different. There is no way to tell. You suffer from male pattern baldness; you’ll lose hair at an even quicker rate. If you have family history, I would say you’re probably going the same way. However, there are some people start to go bald and then just kind of stay in the same place for the rest of their life. My only advice here would be don’t stay in denial, if you think you’re losing hair, consult dermatologist and start taking action immediately. Experts believe, most of the hair loss treatment works best if started at early stage. Who knows you could be lucky guy!!!

Eh personally I dont think much matters for MPB except androgens DHT and T and propecia just addresses the DHT piece and not even then completely effectively. Combined with CB or RU to antagonize receptors I think your stopping MPB completely regardless of whatever else like stress, diet... I just feel a lot of people reach for anything like air pollution, no fap, and none of that really matters long term for hair. Androgens + sensitivity is all that matters
    I do think sensitivity changes as you age. Too bad there isnt more good research on the sensitivity piece because its arguably the most important part. I would be curious to see how receptors change over time in someone using propecia and after they quit for a while what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Odam View Post
    Each person is different. And so, each balding experience is different. There is no way to tell. You suffer from male pattern baldness; you’ll lose hair at an even quicker rate. If you have family history, I would say you’re probably going the same way. However, there are some people start to go bald and then just kind of stay in the same place for the rest of their life. My only advice here would be don’t stay in denial, if you think you’re losing hair, consult dermatologist and start taking action immediately. Experts believe, most of the hair loss treatment works best if started at early stage. Who knows you could be lucky guy!!!

Yeah i'm just not sure how to approach it quite yet. My hairline hasn't really moved much in the past 2 years and a lot of people say i have a "maturing hairline" or not really having hair loss because I can cover mine up so easily, but it worries me. I want to start propecia but I've heard people say that it can accelerate hair loss before it gets worse, so I'm afraid of having it **** up my hairline then having to quit because of the sides.

Quote Originally Posted by topback View Post
    but I've heard people say that it can accelerate hair loss before it gets worse
    Uhh... Check your sources.