+ Reply to Thread

Default How long would I keep my hair for after using regaine/rogaine?

If I'm satisfied with how my hairline is regrown after a certain amount of time of using regaine/rogaine and that I decided to stop using regaine/rogaine, how long do you think I would keep my newly grown hairline for?

Is regaine/rogaine the kind of product where you would have to continually use it (perhaps for the rest of your adulthood until old age) in order to keep your hair from falling out?

Thanks.

If you stop using minoxidil you will lose everything that minoxidil has regrown. So if you're happy with the results and want to keep those 'gains' then you should absolutely not stop using minoxidil.

So in other words: yes, regaine/rogaine is the kind of product you have to continually use in order to keep the results (regrowth/maintenance) it caused. However, this is the case with all proven treatments that are currently out there.

Thank you for replying.

This is a silly question but what about hair you already have?

Whenever I apply the foam to my temples I unintentionally get bits of it to hairs I already have (hairs that don't need regrowth treatments) around the temple areas - it's quite difficult to apply only to the temples without getting bits of foam to the hair.

Sorry if I sound serious. I'm just a bit concerned that I might lose hair I already have along with the results, when I stop using minoxidi.

Quote Originally Posted by wildstriker View Post
    Thank you for replying.

This is a silly question but what about hair you already have?

Whenever I apply the foam to my temples I unintentionally get bits of it to hairs I already have (hairs that don't need regrowth treatments) around the temple areas - it's quite difficult to apply only to the temples without getting bits of foam to the hair.

Sorry if I sound serious. I'm just a bit concerned that I might lose hair I already have along with the results, when I stop using minoxidi.
    It doesn't matter if you hit the other hair (I'd recommend it actually).

And if you stop using Min, you'll likely regress to your original state plus a little more. So you're better off staying on it.

Hey mate, don’t stop minox abruptly or you will regret. Almost all hair loss drugs continue giving their benefits as long as you take them. Once you stop using them, sadly you come back to square zero. Still, if you want to go ahead, I think, you can stop using Rogaine for 1-2 weeks without losing (much) hair. By 4 weeks at maximum, you will definitely begin to see shedding. It varies individually, but this is general scenario.
    It doesn’t matter, even if it goes to hair where you don’t want regrowth. There it will help you to maintain your current status.

Thank you for the replies.

I'm very disappointed that you won't keep the results after stopping minoxidil.

As well as applying regaine/rogaine, would scalp massages be enough to at least delay the losing of hair naturally? This is my final question.

Thanks.

You may or may not. Scalp massages help boost circulation, and promotes hair growth naturally. But, there is no evidence it help is reducing hair loss. However, it’s a great way of relaxation and it makes you feel good.