X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ihavefaith
    • Dec 2009

My situation (with pics)

Hey guys,

I have been shedding quite a lot of hairs as far back as I can remember but recently it has gotten worse. I was just wondering if somebody can give me an idea of what I am on the Norwood scale just so I can get an idea of where I am currently and if I should be looking into anything. These pictures are a buzz cut with a 2 blade so there is no covering up or anything.

My hair is generally thick but I thick it is thinner on the sides then on the top..I don't know if that is normal or not maybe somebody can also enlighten me about this.

Thanks!!

• TeeJay73
    • Oct 2008

I am not a doctor, just a regular guy, but from what I can see in the pictures, you're doing okay ... you've got some good hair! I believe the 1st thing anyone on this forum may tell you --- including me --- is to get yourself on medication to try to slow down, stop, and/or reverse your hair shedding/miniaturization. The medication of choice is Propecia (finasteride). Get in contact with a local doctor for a prescription. I have been on Propecia for 22 months, with no side effects, and it has helped me to maintain my hair and even thicken it up.

Hope this helps,

TeeJay

Comment

• Coligion
      • Sep 2009

Most people on this forum will likely think you're joking with this thread. You're hair looks excellent from the photos provided. Granted, lighting always plays a key role, but the only possible concern I see could be in the crown. There may be some ever so slight thinning in that area, but it could just be harsh lighting. You're hairline looks quite mature, but is extremely solid. If you are concerned with thinning in the crown, get on Finasteride. Since you essentially have little to no loss, you could even start at a lower dose. Instead of the standard 1 mg, you might consider taking 0.5 mg as more of a precautionary concern?

Comment

• Ihavefaith
        • Dec 2009

Thanks for the replies guys. I forgot to mention that I have been on Proscar for almost 6 months now. The shedding came to a complete stop about 3 months in but then begin again and continues to this day.. I was thinking of trying out Dut. I am 22 years old BTW.

Also can anybody pinpoint where I am on the NW scale?

Comment

• Delphi
          • Mar 2009

Why would you mess with Dut if you’ve stopped your hair loss on Proscar?? You’re just looking for trouble if you ask me! Be thankfull for what you have and that you have stopped the loss!!!!!!!

Comment

• Ihavefaith
            • Dec 2009

I think you missed what I said Delphi. My shedding only slowed down for a while but then resumed as usual a little while later. I just think that Dut might be better at stopping the shedding.

Comment

• mikey79
              • Jan 2009

bro your hair looks fine!!

Comment

• rotsen182
                • Dec 2009

a little bit on the temples maybe , but its nothing , i´d love to have your hair

cheers

Comment

• t-bone
                  • Aug 2010

still look good! Be careful about propecia...It does work but it has side effects.Try natural first.I take procerin and there are others usually with sawpalmetto combination.I took propecia for many years and suffered.There gonna have a cure in like 10 yrs.also try laser comb it helps to make scalp healthy.

Comment

• PatientlyWaiting
                    • Jan 2011

Your temples are receding, your hairline is fine, your crown is fine, your overall thickness looks great. Thing with MPB is that it creeps up on you, like a sweet drink at a party, that you're enjoying and sipping it too fast, before you know it you're drunk. Starts with a little harmless receding then out of nowhere it's like Doomsday.

Stay on Fin and add Minoxidil.

Comment

• AgainstThis
                      • Jan 2011

Are you people blind as well as insane?

OP- You have a great, perfect NW2 mature hairline. Why you are on finasteride is beyond me. Unless you were shedding copious amounts and really caught it at the onset, I'd get off medication altogether and just enjoy life. To have your mind at ease, get a miniaturization study and check on family hair history but you should be fine. I don't think there's a 22 year old out there with a better hairline, honestly. And people, bear in mind that he's in a buzzcut. With longer hair, it'd look completely Hollywood.

Comment

• ohlife
                        • Apr 2010

I dunno, I'd say his temples do go back a bit more than normal, but the density all around is great... Looks just like a mature hairline with higher than average temples.. as you said though, he could grow the hair out at the temples and the density would be enough to cover the high temples..

Comment

• PatientlyWaiting
                          • Jan 2011

Originally posted by AgainstThis
                          Are you people blind as well as insane?

OP- You have a great, perfect NW2 mature hairline. Why you are on finasteride is beyond me. Unless you were shedding copious amounts and really caught it at the onset, I'd get off medication altogether and just enjoy life. To have your mind at ease, get a miniaturization study and check on family hair history but you should be fine. I don't think there's a 22 year old out there with a better hairline, honestly. And people, bear in mind that he's in a buzzcut. With longer hair, it'd look completely Hollywood.
                          No offense but you sound exactly like my mother when I told her I think i'm losing hair. I listened to her and that didn't turn out too good for me now.

Comment

Working...