Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nic19
    • Apr 2015

Am I losing hair? 19 Year Old Male

Ok guys, I'm 19 and this is my hair now.

My dad went bald at 30
    My maternal granddad went half-bald at like 60
    My paternal granddad went to the grave at 80 with a full head of hair.

I recently stopped wearing a ponytail because I thought it was pulling my hair a good bit.

One stylist told me I was receding and another told me nothing looked amiss and my hairline was probably alright. My family thinks all is well, too. Although, I see my scalp now through my hairline around my part, and I get the feeling that the small hairs around my forehead and temples should form some kind of symmetry.
    Attached Files
  • mkamph
    • Dec 2008

You've thinned/recessed in the front. Talk to your physician about Propecia.

Comment

• Nic19
      • Apr 2015

Originally posted by mkamph
      You've thinned/recessed in the front. Talk to your physician about Propecia.
      Ok.

Umm... I just noticed that most, if not all of my thinning seems to have come in at the left side of my hairline. When I look carefully at my right, it seems much more healthy.

The left side of my hairline seems to lack the small babyhairs that line the right, and I can see sharp, stiff-looking hairs poking through.

I can remember that when I had much longer hair (4 months ago), I would often pull tangles from that side.

Also, I often & almost always part my hair in that left side.

Any other words? I'm currently looking into seeing a derm about this. It may be a few weeks.

Comment

• Trenblastoise
        • Jul 2014

Just make sure you very carefully read through the side effects and accept that these can happen to you, and can be irreversible even after discontinuation of the drug. Just in general get educated about what you are going to do rather than jump into it and then find out Goodluck.

Comment

• FrenchNewbie
          • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Nic19
          Ok guys, I'm 19 and this is my hair now.

My dad went bald at 30
          My maternal granddad went half-bald at like 60
          My paternal granddad went to the grave at 80 with a full head of hair.

I recently stopped wearing a ponytail because I thought it was pulling my hair a good bit.

One stylist told me I was receding and another told me nothing looked amiss and my hairline was probably alright. My family thinks all is well, too. Although, I see my scalp now through my hairline around my part, and I get the feeling that the small hairs around my forehead and temples should form some kind of symmetry.
          Never take Propecia. You are so young! Go see side effects. You will understand that it's not for you!

Comment

• Nic19
            • Apr 2015

What may be viable solutions outside of propecia and Rogaine? Also, how sure are you that i have a recession going on? Im trying to rejuvunate the flyaways that make up the shaded region in my front left.

Comment

• Illusion
              • Jul 2014

F*ck they nay-sayers of propecia, if you want to keep your hair it's your best shot.

Comment

• FrenchNewbie
                • Apr 2015

If you want to stay a man, having childs, and keep your libido, NEVER take Propecia...

Comment

• jamesst11
                  • Jun 2014

Aren't we all kind of tired of the bickering back and forth about finasteride? Lets put it this way - some worship it like it's a God. it has saved their hair and given them very little to no side effects WHILE some say it has made their dick fall off after one use, haha... you get my point. No more should people give such blunt advice like, "Never take propecia" or even "get on propecia ASAP"... We are all responsible adults. Consult your physician, be warned of all the potential sides and if you want to try it, start off at a small dose EOD and carefully monitor your self.

Comment

• Notcoolanymore
                    • Jun 2013

Originally posted by FrenchNewbie
                    Never take Propecia. You are so young! Go see side effects. You will understand that it's not for you!
                    k

Comment

• Notcoolanymore
                      • Jun 2013

Originally posted by Nic19
                      What may be viable solutions outside of propecia and Rogaine?
                      For hair loss? Nothing.

Comment

• Herbaliser
                        • Apr 2015

You can give this a 4 week trial if you want to try a different approach: https://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showth...icing-progress

Comment

• Notcoolanymore
                          • Jun 2013

Originally posted by jamesst11
                          Aren't we all kind of tired of the bickering back and forth about finasteride?
                          I agree, it's getting very old. The problem is that whether we like it or not it is pretty much our only option if we want to try to fight our hair loss. Nobody, myself included actually wants to take a drug for the rest of our lives, but we have no other options if we want to keep our hair. The problem with the anti fin guys is they have plenty to say when it comes to fin sides, but have very little to say when you ask them for hair loss solutions. That would be valuable in a place like propeciahelp, but not a hair loss forum.

Comment

Working...