+ Reply to Thread

Default Starting to lose my hair after 3 years on the big three, what next?

At first I thought it was seasonal shed (at winter) which happened the previous 3 years where the hair comes back good again. However it is almost summer now and my hair is worse off than before and I can barely comb it.

I'm a diffuse thinner NW 2 however im very diffuse at the front of my hair. I dont use minoxidil at crown because that is how I judge the effectiveness of propecia which maintained it for 3 years but now I as I look in the mirror both the crown and front are much worse.

What next for me? should I drop finasteride (I cut proscar into fifths and take 1 every day) and just take avodart ? or should I supplement avodart with my daily routine of finasteride. Bearing in mind that I havent felt any side effects that I'm aware of (thank god) from finasteride.

What routine should I go with if only avodart and what routine if both finasteride and avodart?

Same situation. Would appreciate feedback from those who have gone through this

I mean if the drugs aren't working they aren't working. Until science develops a cure all you can do is shave it and smoke weed. Or get drunk if that's more your speed.

same thing happening to me. perhaps we are not good responder..

Hair loss is not science.
    They want to keep you on this (Fin,Minox, etc.. so called cure because they make a huge profit, or rather enormous.

lol you guys arent helping at all. The big three worked pretty good for me for 3 years where I experienced lots of regrowth but now my hair seems to be shedding. A big change though is that I have been lifting weights for over 6 months now and gained a lot of muscle mass.

I'm worried that might have decreased the effectiveness of finasteride, perhaps adding 0.5mg of dutasteride every week could counter this? or should I just drop the finasteride and just go on dutasteride.

There are other products to try. Some people say CB-03-01 and RU58841 are more effective than finasteride. Dutasteride is another example.

Hopefully Follicept will be a success and released within a few weeks or months.

RU, larger fin dose, or dut. Not any other options maybe pretty soon the PGD 2 thing will be available.

I think I would prefer you that you should consult the dermatologist about your condition he will advice you the right product for you...

I would talk to your dermatologist about whether to go on dut or on fin/dut (and if so, what dosage etc).

FWIW, I have seen some people doing things like taking dut spread out over 2 times a week and on the other days they would take fin. Others have done 0.5mg dut EOD. Others take 0.5mg ED. This is just to show you that there can be quite a lot of variety in regimes regarding fin/dut so we can't really tell you a lot. Obviously you could just jump into something based on what you read on the internet and based on how you feel about things, but I think it's best to talk this through with you dermatologist.

One thing though: dutasteride is way more expensive then cutting proscar into 5 pieces. In my country, a year worth of dutasteride (= taking the brand version ED) costs like 600 euro. I'm not sure how expensive generic dutasteride is though.