+ Reply to Thread

Thumbs up I cut it down to a 0 gaurd, and now I'm free. NO propecia, No rogaine, NO transplant!

I feel so free today after such a long time. I cut it down to a 0 gaurd, and finally, I feel like, you know what, I'm middle aged already, AND I AM OKAY WITH IT AND I ACCEPT IT.

If you can cut it off and move on, do it! Remember the dangerous side effects of propecia(finasteride), rogaine, and transplants, and say NO to them!!!!

Wish you all a happy spring, as I'm off to enjoy the rest of my day!!!

This is great! Definitely the best way to conquer hair loss.

I have been a long time lurker, and I remember reading many of your posts and you were in a dark place at times. I'm very glad that you got to this place.

Live strong, brother!

Quote Originally Posted by FlightTL View Post
    If you can cut it off and move on, do it! Remember the dangerous side effects of propecia(finasteride), rogaine, and transplants, and say NO to them!!!!
    That's easy for you to say since you don't have the option to use any of them. If you were in a position to use any of those options and have a decent head of hair I guarantee you would do it in a heart beat. Saying something like that to a lot of influential/desperate young guys that are losing their hair is selfish and irresponsible.

Quote Originally Posted by Notcoolanymore View Post
    That's easy for you to say since you don't have the option to use any of them. If you were in a position to use any of those options and have a decent head of hair I guarantee you would do it in a heart beat. Saying something like that to a lot of influential/desperate young guys that are losing their hair is selfish and irresponsible.
    The same to you, or only you actually.
    What are you meaning?
    To take a drug and hope for the best, and never know how it´s going to effect you later, lets say 10-20 years later because your going to be stuck with the drug for the rest of your life.
    Instead of thinking clearly how shallow our society is, and that the medical companies uses as puppets to fit in.

Quote Originally Posted by FlightTL View Post
    I feel so free today after such a long time. I cut it down to a 0 gaurd, and finally, I feel like, you know what, I'm middle aged already, AND I AM OKAY WITH IT AND I ACCEPT IT.

Wish you all a happy spring, as I'm off to enjoy the rest of my day!!!
    I´m really happy for you.
    Hopefully you will look at my snake oil treatment next week and see my progress.
    I gave it up also but this new treatment was actually a fluke due to diet change, and i redefined it, only because of curiosity.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbaliser View Post
    The same to you, or only you actually.
    What are you meaning?
    To take a drug and hope for the best, and never know how it´s going to effect you later, lets say 10-20 years later because your going to be stuck with the drug for the rest of your life.
    Instead of thinking clearly how shallow our society is, and that the medical companies uses as puppets to fit in.
    Meaning FlightTL has been around here posting threads about how bad he looks without hair, yet had never done anything to help himself. Now that he let himself go beyond repair and because he can no longer benefit from today's options, he has to make a statement that all treatments are bad and to stay away from them. I am not forcing treatments of any kind and anybody, but I will not try to scare them away from treating their hair loss either. The only thing you got from his message is the part about being against fin, but he also mentioned transplants. Again, he can't benefit from it so he tells every body else to stay away from it. Selfish like I said.

Quote Originally Posted by Notcoolanymore View Post
    Meaning FlightTL has been around here posting threads about how bad he looks without hair, yet had never done anything to help himself. Now that he let himself go beyond repair and because he can no longer benefit from today's options, he has to make a statement that all treatments are bad and to stay away from them. I am not forcing treatments of any kind and anybody, but I will not try to scare them away from treating their hair loss either. The only thing you got from his message is the part about being against fin, but he also mentioned transplants. Again, he can't benefit from it so he tells every body else to stay away from it. Selfish like I said.
    Thank you, Notcoolanymore, for being the voice of reason once again. It seems that when my worries kick in about my son taking Propecia, I read a post from you and breathe a sigh of relief. I do believe the sides that some guys experience are very real, but I strongly believe that it's at least worth a try, especially for young guys. When my son starting losing his hair at 18, I mentioned Propecia to him. He read up on it and said, "I feel like I need to do whatever I can now." If he didn't (and if I didn't try Rogaine), a few years down the road, he'd be saying, "Maybe I should have." Although it doesn't seem to be helping, he'll never wonder "what if."

Herbaliser: Not everyone tries to save their hair with meds/transplants due to the pressures of our shallow and superficial society. WE have to be happy with what WE see in the mirror, period. I get a kick out of women who say, "Bald men have it easier than bald women because they can blend in with society, whereas we'd have to wear wigs." True, they don't stand out like we would, but I can tell you if that were the case, I'd still wear a wig because, as with some men, my head and face shape are not suitable for the bald look. It seems that women don't understand some of them would have that same problem. Compare it to body shapes: Not everyone can wear the same clothing as others and look good. The same goes for a bald head. Everyone on the face of the earth could tell me I look fantastic bald, but it still wouldn't matter to me. I'd never leave my house without wearing hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Joan View Post
    Thank you, Notcoolanymore, for being the voice of reason once again. It seems that when my worries kick in about my son taking Propecia, I read a post from you and breathe a sigh of relief.

I do believe the sides that some guys experience are very real, but I strongly believe that it's at least worth a try, especially for young guys.

When my son starting losing his hair at 18, I mentioned Propecia to him. He read up on it and said, "I feel like I need to do whatever I can now." If he didn't (and if I didn't try Rogaine), a few years down the road, he'd be saying, "Maybe I should have." Although it doesn't seem to be helping, he'll never wonder "what if."

Herbaliser: Not everyone tries to save their hair with meds/transplants due to the pressures of our shallow and superficial society. WE have to be happy with what WE see in the mirror, period..

Your welcome. I'm glad somebody understood what I was trying to get at. I wasn't upset that FlightTL came to terms with his hair loss. I was upset that he added more fuel to the anti propecia inferno. It really is unnecessary at this point and really does nothing to help anybody that is losing their hair and feeling bad about themselves.

I also believe that some men have experienced sides. It sucks that these guys are unable to use the best thing we have to fight hair loss, but that's just the way it goes when dealing with prescription meds. Some guys will benefit, where others will not.

I agree that if anybody man is losing their hair and they want to do something about it then they should use propecia. Of course under a Dr's supervision. I was one of the guys that didn't know that we had effective treatments until it was too late. I messed around with natural treatments which did absolutely zero to reduce my hair loss. I am a guy that wonders "what if". I hate when I hear guys tell a similar story to mine. Joan, I am glad your son is not going down the same path that I did.

I also agree with your last point. I didn't treat my hair loss because I was worried about what society thought of me. I didn't like what I saw in the mirror and wanted to do what I could to try to change how I felt about myself. Mission accomplished. Glad I tried something that actually worked instead of giving up because of internet nonsense.