Threaded View

There are a few things I like about SMP. It can be used to improve scar grafting further. It can be used to conceal FUE extraction sites so that you can shave your head. It can be used to improve coverage simply by eliminating contrast between the skin and hair. I'm not sold on it's use as a stand alone treatment. If you look close, it doesn't look like hair. It works much better when added to existing hair. In small scars, it can almost function as a stand alone treatment, but again adding some hair to it is a huge improvement. SMP in scars is not the same as using it on normal skin. Scar is not skin. As such, there is a risk that it can bleed or spread so that it is no longer a small dot. It's better to be conservative with SMP in scars and wish you had been a little more aggressive than to be more aggressive and wish you had not done it because the area turns into a blue blob. It's better to be more aggressive by going slightly deeper in a follow up visit. One should not try dense packing the SMP. Remember that scalp micro pigmentation is just a sexy word for a tattoo. If it is not done properly, it looks like a tattoo.

By the way, I enjoyed dinner at your house with you and your fantastic wife a few days after your procedure. I think that SMP would be a nice addition after your second session grows in.