+ Reply to Thread

Default An idea of where I am

Hey guys,

I have been shedding quite a lot of hairs as far back as I can remember but recently it has gotten worse. I was just wondering if somebody can give me an idea of what I am on the Norwood scale just so I can get an idea of where I am currently and if I should be looking into anything. These pictures are a buzz cut with a 2 blade so there is no covering up or anything.

My hair is generally thick but I thick it is thinner on the sides then on the top..I don't know if that is normal or not maybe somebody can also enlighten me about this.

Thanks!!

'

You currently appear to have a juvenile hair line. There in no discernable loss and you would be categorized as a Norwood l if your pictures are accurate. You can see one of the doctors on this site and have your scalp checked to see if you hairs are miniaturizing. Looking at the pictures you are in very good shape.

IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon Dr. Glenn Charles's Avatar

From the photos which usually makes things look worse than in person, you do not appear to have significant hair loss. I would not recommend any surgical procedure at this time. If you have a strong family history of hair loss than you might consider Propecia as a preventative measure. Any doctor recommending surgery for you at this point, I would seriously question their ethics.
    Dr. Glenn Charles
    Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
    View my IAHRS Profile

Thank you for your replies.

Dr. Charles, since dealing with hair loss is your profession, I was wondering if you could tell me exactly what I am on the Norwood scale. Go into the decimals if you have to. Just looking at where I am currently because my father and all his brothers are completely bald but all my mother's brothers have their hair.

Honestly man, your hair looks fine to me. I also know that people said that to me when I first started losing mine...........you sorta have to know your own head at the early onset.

Get checked out for miniaturization (spelling?) and get on Propecia if that is the case.

Like the good doc said, if a HT doc is telling you to jump into surgery right now, you should SERIOUSLY question their ethics. By saying that I mean DON'T DO IT.

I think if you get 1500 grafts done, your hairline would connect to your eyebrows, I don't know if that is the look you are going for but.......

otherwise it looks fine......

IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon Dr. Glenn Charles's Avatar

You are really not even on the Norwood scale yet. If I had to put you somewhere on the scale I would say you are a Norwood 1.1. Have a great New Year and consider taking Propecia preventatively if you have a really strong family history of Male Pattern Baldness.
    Dr. Glenn Charles
    Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
    View my IAHRS Profile