AAPE Trials - I'll be experimenting with it - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Default AAPE Trials - I'll be experimenting with it

Guys,

I've been following this forum for a while but only recently signed up. Currently, I've been doing things naturally (oils, dermarolling, saw palmetto etc). Not the best regimen, but it's definitely slowed down my loss significantly over the year. I'm a NW2, diffuse thinner at 23 years old, and my brother was a NW7 at this age. I've also been considering adding in Asatona's Asatex melatonin product 4x per week overnight, based on an interesting clinical study. Might hold off on this for a bit.

So far, I haven't taken fin / minox. In January 2015, I started doing PRP with a doctor in manhattan, and have so far done 4 sessions since (first 3 sessions didn't use Acell, 4th session did - still too early to tell results right now). I'm stopping the PRP to trial Prostemics' AAPE product, which I'm sure most of you have heard about the the 60 page thread on AAPE / ADSC here.

Here's how things went down. I heard about AAPE a few weeks back from this forum and ************. ************ suggested a few places to buy AAPE, including YMS Consulting. I looked into this and talked to Prostemics, the company that produces AAPE. YMS Consulting is legit, but they charge $1,000 for the 6 vial case, and claim they have an exclusivity agreement with Prostemics (korean company) here in the U.S. I confirmed with Prostemics that they do indeed buy AAPE from them, but they don't have an exclusive agreement. In fact, you can buy the product directly from Prostemics for $500, which I did. I sent the doctor who does my PRP a few clinical studies on the AAPE, and he agreed to run a few experimental sessions injecting the AAPE into my scalp.

I'll start next Monday and go in every three weeks, updating along the way when possible. Any comments on this?

Quote Originally Posted by nofintowin View Post
    Guys,

I've been following this forum for a while but only recently signed up. Currently, I've been doing things naturally (oils, dermarolling, saw palmetto etc). Not the best regimen, but it's definitely slowed down my loss significantly over the year. I'm a NW2, diffuse thinner at 23 years old, and my brother was a NW7 at this age. I've also been considering adding in Asatona's Asatex melatonin product 4x per week overnight, based on an interesting clinical study. Might hold off on this for a bit.

So far, I haven't taken fin / minox. In January 2015, I started doing PRP with a doctor in manhattan, and have so far done 4 sessions since (first 3 sessions didn't use Acell, 4th session did - still too early to tell results right now). I'm stopping the PRP to trial Prostemics' AAPE product, which I'm sure most of you have heard about the the 60 page thread on AAPE / ADSC here.

Here's how things went down. I heard about AAPE a few weeks back from this forum and ************. ************ suggested a few places to buy AAPE, including YMS Consulting. I looked into this and talked to Prostemics, the company that produces AAPE. YMS Consulting is legit, but they charge $1,000 for the 6 vial case, and claim they have an exclusivity agreement with Prostemics (korean company) here in the U.S. I confirmed with Prostemics that they do indeed buy AAPE from them, but they don't have an exclusive agreement. In fact, you can buy the product directly from Prostemics for $500, which I did. I sent the doctor who does my PRP a few clinical studies on the AAPE, and he agreed to run a few experimental sessions injecting the AAPE into my scalp.

I'll start next Monday and go in every three weeks, updating along the way when possible. Any comments on this?
    I think maybe should keep this on the down low. Prostemics does not want anyone but real researchers buying this stuff from them and if all bald people hit them up for AAPE then they might shot the spigot off. Do you want that? What if it works and they shut the supply line off? You'll be sorry because you won't be able to get anymore.

Thank you for trialling this, I am keen to see what kind of results you get as I am in a similar position to you (NW2 Diffuse)

They were actually quite eager to sell this product to me. I bought it as a consumer and interacted with them as a consumer (ordered it myself, doctor didn't play a role in the ordering). They sell it as a cosmetic to be used topically or with small micro needling, but did link me to the full on injection studies. Seems like they want to get this product out there...

Inactive

Interesting, good luck!
    Keep us posted regularly.

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nofintowin View Post
    They were actually quite eager to sell this product to me. I bought it as a consumer and interacted with them as a consumer (ordered it myself, doctor didn't play a role in the ordering). They sell it as a cosmetic to be used topically or with small micro needling, but did link me to the full on injection studies. Seems like they want to get this product out there...
    There might be something to this. I would appreciate it if you could keep us in the loop. Thank you.

Can you explain how you contacted them and how the rest of us would order if we were interested

Let's see if AAPE actually works - pretty much seems like a PRP on steroids, as in a higher concentration of growth factors. So far, 3.5 months into 4 PRP treatments hasn't done anything to me. Any comments on this?

Also, I've read two studies on AAPE. One pretty much injected AAPE into the scalp alone. Another injected AAPE with a bunch of other vitamins (CoQ 10, etc) - seemed like some sort of mesotherapy combo with AAPE. The prostemics rep linked me to http://www.harg.org (have google translate the website for you and you'll be able to understand most of it). Interesting stuff, seems like this link deals with the latter study.

In terms of ordering AAPE, I'll get back to you on this when I get home from work. But as a heads up, it was pretty easy. I expressed interest via email, they got back to me pretty quickly. After some quick back and forth, I wire transferred the $500 to Prostemics' bank account, and the shipment was here via express international delivery, 3 days later. I'm located in the US, and it went through customs just fine. Again, I don't think they want to restrict this for research users, pretty sure they're content having consumers order this.

Jup.. I'll keep you updated. Scientific evidence looks ok, but then again bias may be present so I don't expect much really. I'll try to give a objective measure of the treatment. The growth numbers ain't staggering to begin with but it might be a nice addition to any regimen. I'm still skeptical though. If any growth factors have chance of working this is anyone his best bet, period.

The stuff consists of well over 100+ proteins by the way. Several many growth factors like IGF-1 (!), KGF, VEGF, PDGF, BFGF, HGF, GCSF, etc.

This is actual human source derived not e.coli like increlex and follicept.

Most growth factors made individually are created by programming Escherichia coli (E. coli) bacteria. This process can match the amino acids, creating a bioidentical version, but it cannot mimic the three-dimensionality of human cell-derived growth factors. It is this special shape that makes growth factors from stem cells and fibroblasts much more stable and active in the skin.
    I'll research that later this week, to what extent that statement is true.

Nice, keep us updated.