AAPE Trials - I'll be experimenting with it

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hairismylife
    • Jun 2012

Well…swooping would try AAPE, i think it's goingto work. No joking, swooping is strict in judging treatment.

Comment

• bornthisway
      • May 2013

Originally posted by Swooping
      Sogeking, you don't necessarily need to apply it with injections. Microneedling at a depth of like 1.5 mm will do too. Microneedling disrupts the stratum corneum and can deliver big molecules easily across the skin that way.

In fact they do this in Japan too. They can deliver AAPE-HARG either through injections, microneedling, jet-gun, or a fractional laser from what I saw.

Check for instance here on these sites; http://www.koseido.net/harg/ http://www.harg.org/ , http://www.0120669970.com/harg.html , http://www.kirei-kirei-sendai.jp/m_hair.php. Translate it so you can browse a bit.

Here is a study for instance that shows that microneedling can transport molecules up to at least 72kDa; http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17196697
      http://derminator.owndoc.com/ looks worthwhile since dermarollers suck (more painful than something mechnical), it also doesn't cause microtearing. I just came across it the other day I may get it for topical absorption/ease to microneedle. I might get into AAPE possibly if microneedling is a valid way to deliver the drug like Swooping said.

Comment

• robodoc
        • Aug 2009

How are the injections done? AAPE is injected subcutaneously in multiple injections? How much is injected and how many areas?

Thanks.

Comment

• robodoc
          • Aug 2009

AAPE is injected intradermally. 0.02ml per injection up to 3-4mls total every 3-5 weeks I believe. I would say a 30 to31g insulin syringe would work fine and virtually painless.

(I think I answered my own question)

Comment

• lifelonglearning
            • Jun 2014

Any update?

Comment

• Sogeking
              • Feb 2011

Originally posted by robodoc
              AAPE is injected intradermally. 0.02ml per injection up to 3-4mls total every 3-5 weeks I believe. I would say a 30 to31g insulin syringe would work fine and virtually painless.

(I think I answered my own question)
              How many times? Meaning how many times do you have to inject those 3-4 milliliters?

Comment

• Swooping
                • May 2014

Originally posted by Sogeking
                How many times? Meaning how many times do you have to inject those 3-4 milliliters?
                Well 3/0.02 = 150 injection spots.

Comment

• robodoc
                  • Aug 2009

Here is my comment on AAPE. It has potential and may help or slow down hair loss but here is bad news. I read the AAPE study, looked at the results and definitely feel it helps but....the best results come from 2 years of use and not complete reversal of hair loss. So as I have said before AAPE used in conjunction with other remedies may result in an additive effect. Other remedies are Nizoral, Minoxidil, Finasteride, supplements and good health habits.

If you can afford around $2,000/year then you can try it. Getter closer but not there yet.

Comment

• JHtotheT
                    • May 2015

Originally posted by robodoc
                    Here is my comment on AAPE. It has potential and may help or slow down hair loss but here is bad news. I read the AAPE study, looked at the results and definitely feel it helps but....the best results come from 2 years of use and not complete reversal of hair loss. So as I have said before AAPE used in conjunction with other remedies may result in an additive effect. Other remedies are Nizoral, Minoxidil, Finasteride, supplements and good health habits.

If you can afford around $2,000/year then you can try it. Getter closer but not there yet.
                    Did you read the study released march 26 2015? (Hair regeneration treatment using adipose-derived stem cell conditioned medium: follow-up with trichograms - hirotaro Fukuoka, MD, PhD, and Hirotaka Suga, MD, PhD)

It states that the participants received treatment every 3-5 weeks for a total of 6 sessions.

Their conclusion after follow ups: "Hair numbers significantly increased after treatment in both male (including those without finasteride administration) and female patients.

They did however follow them up for about 2 years after initial treatment.

Comment

• Sogeking
                      • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Swooping
                      Well 3/0.02 = 150 injection spots.
                      I worded my question wrong. One application of the treatment is as it was said 3-4 millilitres, however I actually meant how many sessions and it was said 6 in post below so I'm good.
                      @robodoc
                      Yeah some good results were noted after 1 year has passed. So this has some potential but in the long run.

Comment

• joachim
                        • May 2014

Originally posted by JHtotheT
                        Did you read the study released march 26 2015? (Hair regeneration treatment using adipose-derived stem cell conditioned medium: follow-up with trichograms - hirotaro Fukuoka, MD, PhD, and Hirotaka Suga, MD, PhD)

It states that the participants received treatment every 3-5 weeks for a total of 6 sessions.

Their conclusion after follow ups: "Hair numbers significantly increased after treatment in both male (including those without finasteride administration) and female patients.

They did however follow them up for about 2 years after initial treatment.
                        do you have a link to the study?

Comment

• Ziggyz123
                          • Feb 2015

Noob question, but when is this supposed to be available? I read about a doctor in Orange County using stem cells derived from fat, but the results were "eh"

Comment

• Hairismylife
                            • Jun 2012

Yeah! We are cured?

Comment

• JHtotheT
                              • May 2015

Originally posted by joachim
                              do you have a link to the study?
                              Treatment using adipose-derived stem cell-conditioned medium appears highly effective for alopecia and may represent a new therapy for hair regeneration.

More detail:

Impressive results! Quote from the study: "RESULTS: Hair numbers were significantly increased after treatment in both male (including those without finasteride administration) and female patients"

Comment

• Ziggyz123
                                • Feb 2015

Yeah, those results are really impressive and I don't usually let myself get my hopes up over this kind of stuff. I hope doctors start trying this out because prp seems to be a joke.

Comment

Working...