+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Nice, keep us updated.

Nohair, I haven't discussed it with him. I'm on really good terms with him and he even gave me much cheaper PRP than he normally offers. Since he's open to experimenting and since I brought the AAPE to him, I suspect itll be around $50-something nominal

I'm probably going to have ACELL/PRP done next month. I'll see if the doctor would consider injecting AAPE. The study made it appear effective and it seems to have a high safety profile.

How much are you paying for your acell/prp? The acell component just doesn't make sense to me. I did prp 4 times. The 4th time I used acell, and I feel like I may have shed a bit more on it. As a rough gauge, I paid $600 for prp, $800 for prp/acell, with a really good doctor whose not interested in ripping people off.

^ Who is that doctor? It's easily worth it to just fly wherever he is instead of go to Greco who charges twice as much.

He's located in manhattan. Again, he's not in it for the money, so let me just ask him first if I can give out his name since he's also going to be experimenting AAPE with me (not sure what the implications of this are for him, though I doubt there are any). I'll get back to you on monday when he's back from vacation, promise.

Quote Originally Posted by nofintowin View Post
    How much are you paying for your acell/prp? The acell component just doesn't make sense to me. I did prp 4 times. The 4th time I used acell, and I feel like I may have shed a bit more on it. As a rough gauge, I paid $600 for prp, $800 for prp/acell, with a really good doctor whose not interested in ripping people off.
    I'm still researching. But, $5000! lol. Pharmaceutical grade vitamin D was included. But yeah, it sounds like a pretty big rip off in comparison. I live in the DC area, but the doctor is in NY. He's opening an office near me.
    http://nyhairloss.com/hair-regenerat...-amiya-prasad/

Another doctor in my area was charging the same. I really have just begun looking into this. I wanted to get a HT done as well though, but I'm not sure how I feel about FUT. FUE has no scarring and it's spread out, which makes me think it's worth it. The cost is a lot higher though.

I need to look around more for PRP/ACELL I guess or consider traveling for it.

Dude, I know about Amiya Prasad. He's an absolute rip off here, there are a few doctors that talk dirt about him for how much he abuses the system. My doctor charges $600-$800, depending (he's in manhattan like amiya prasad). If he allows me, I'll give you his name. If not, jeffrey rappaport, who I've been to as well, is in NJ (10 mins from manhattan) and charges $400 - $600. I like my doctor much better though, as he understands hair loss more and uses a derma stamp and pays way more attention to you.

Quote Originally Posted by nofintowin View Post
    how much are you paying for your acell/prp? The acell component just doesn't make sense to me. I did prp 4 times. The 4th time i used acell, and i feel like i may have shed a bit more on it. As a rough gauge, i paid $600 for prp, $800 for prp/acell, with a really good doctor whose not interested in ripping people off.
    i am cosidering getting prp plus acell . How is your result with it . Which doctor did you go to? Thans

^^^ this is madness. Doesn't work. It has had many years to prove itself and failed to do so, but still people are willing to throw their money away and further encourage this useless shit.