+ Reply to Thread

Default Destin, I have a question for you

Hi Destin,

I heard through the radio show that you've had PRP. I was hoping you'd be willing to share your experience with me. Particulary, did you have it done on your hairline of your crown? My hairloss up to this point is frontal and I know that PRP doesn't work as well on the front. I'm just looking for people that have had it done on their hairline and would like to hear how it worked out. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by baldingpittfan View Post
    Hi Destin,

I heard through the radio show that you've had PRP. I was hoping you'd be willing to share your experience with me. Particulary, did you have it done on your hairline of your crown? My hairloss up to this point is frontal and I know that PRP doesn't work as well on the front. I'm just looking for people that have had it done on their hairline and would like to hear how it worked out. Thank you.
    Hey baldingpittfan,

I did in fact have Dr. Greco focus in on the hairline, as this is where I felt the PRP was needed the most. He did alert me before the treatment was done that the hairline is much more stubborn than in the crown (just like other treatments are such as Propecia and Rogaine). However, I feel that it has reversed some miniturization in the hairline and has even caused new baby hairs to pop up. Overall I feel that it has improved thickness by around 10%, which is MUCH better than miniturization.

Again, I attack my hairloss with great forces and caught my hairloss early. I am also on Finasteride 7.5mg daily, while using Nizoral 1% and 2% with heavy use of the Hairmax Lasercomb (I understand that the lasercomb is a debatable issue but I figured it cannot hurt). Perhaps because of the use of these treatments plus PRP has allowed a synergistic effect. I am unsure of how well PRP alone in the hairline alone would help reverse miniturization, but in my honest opinion I believe at the very least it will help stop or slow down the balding process even more. Remember that even halting hairloss is a miracle within in itself and you have very little to lose if you get this treatment done. Think about the benefits vs. the risk:

Benefits:
    -Could stop your hairloss and may reverse miniturization
    -Does not have any side effects
    -There has been not one person with any type of shock loss

Risk:
    -Absolutely nothing happens and your out of a one time fee of $1000

So you be the judge and good luck on your decision.

-Destin

Thank you for your input man..........it helps!!