X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • follicept
    • Feb 2015

Follicept Trials- Discussion About Trial Only

Here we go, getting this started. Will post video on Monday 27 Apr 2015 of me beginning the trial, and will post #FolliceptFriday updates of myself and other convenience sample members as we go along.
  • atilla123
    • Apr 2015

the good news. what's your position follicept?

Comment

• Keki
      • Mar 2015

Devon are you going to get a buzz cut? Do you have any vertex balding or you are just receding?

Comment

• follicept
        • Feb 2015

Originally posted by Keki
        Devon are you going to get a buzz cut? Do you have any vertex balding or you are just receding?
        Vertex, receding, and I think a little diffuse thinning. I rrreaaalllyyy don't want to get a buzz cut so I will try to avoid that, but will cut it shorter. Like I said, results should be pretty darn clear. But I will do what I have to.

Comment

• stayhopeful
          • Feb 2013

Please EVERYONE, including Arashi and Swooping, keep this thread 1000% objective. We only care about photo/video results here and nothing else. Please reserve your speculation and arguments for the other thread

Comment

• nameless
            • Feb 2013

I do not think you should get a buzz cut but I do think that you should cut your hair very short. Perhaps 1/2 an inch long or even 1/4 of an inch. The thing is that a lot of medicine gets lost in the hair if your hair has length plus it's hard to determine whether or not there's new hair if the hair has length.

Comment

• nameless
              • Feb 2013

Originally posted by stayhopeful
              I know many people will be eager to respond to Arashi's asinine comment, but please if everyone ignores him he will stop.. don't fuel the fire
              I read in the other thread that you will be applying the medicine 3 times per week? Are you sure that's often enough?

Comment

• bigentries
                • Dec 2011

Honestly Arashi, let it go

I understand that "just results" also means "just results, and only praises", specially when there aren't even results to post at the moment.

I know it's a classic tactic that's been used before, but there is no point with arguing with them right now. As long as they don't end up moving the main discussion to this thread, let them have their moment of happiness

Comment

• nameless
                  • Feb 2013

Originally posted by bigentries

I understand that "just results" also means "just results, and only praises", specially when there aren't even results to post at the moment.

I know it's a classic tactic that's been used before, but there is no point with arguing with them right now. As long as they don't end up moving the main discussion to this thread, let them have their moment of happiness
                  I disagree. I don't think that the "no arguing" clause = *only praises*. I think that no arguing means no arguing. Some of the posts are not debate or discussion, they're arguing. There's a difference. My feeling is that open discussion favorable or unfavorable is OK but no arguing. If you don't know what arguing is, and isn't, then I can't help you.

It looks to me like it's Arishi doing the arguing.

Comment

• nameless
                    • Feb 2013

Originally posted by bigentries

And discussion about "just results" could include people talking about what "results" are expected and what variable could affect "results". It seems to me that "Just results" could include any discussion that could affect results since the thread is about results. With this in mind of course it's OK to start the discussion now so that people could speculate about things that could affect the results.

Comment

• follicept
                      • Feb 2015

Ok, poor phrasing. Mod, mind editing the title to "Follicept- Civil Discussion About Trial Only?" Just trying to get set up since Mondays are always slammed for me. You give me way too much credit as to my intent. I am not that brilliant.

Comment

• jacobus
                        • Jan 2015

Thank you, Devon! This is exactly what I would have liked to see. Just keep updating your first post here so I don't have to scroll through 167 pages (of ****) to find the gems you wrote.

Thank you!

Comment

• Swooping
                          • May 2014

How are you going to document the progress? Tattoo point with henna? Macro-photos? Same light, same setting? What quality pictures can we expect?

Hellouser should help with this. Gotta give credit where it's due, the guy seems to knows very much about photography.

Comment

• stayhopeful
                            • Feb 2013

I think Devon mentioned trichoscan, but yeah I agree, hopefully Devon and the team are able to come through with some superb scientific photography on this potentially historic trial

Comment

• follicept
                              • Feb 2015

Originally posted by Swooping
                              How are you going to document the progress? Tattoo point with henna? Macro-photos? Same light, same setting? What quality pictures can we expect?

Hellouser should help with this. Gotta give credit where it's due, the guy seems to knows very much about photography.
                              Definitely open to these suggestions, obviously we have never done it before. So thanks. I want to do both HD pics and video. Will use same camera, same lighting, same setting to minimize variability. Depending on when we get the trichoscan, may or may not use for this proof of concept trial (only a handful of people) and then will certainly make the clinical very rigorous.

Comment

Working...