+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Just wanted to give my 2 cents work. I had this done in December. THey told me the full results would be noticeable within 3 months. Im now at 4 months and there have been no benefits at all. Matter of fact, my hair loss has accelerated faster than ever. Cant say for sure it was the PRP, but really fishy timing that my hair loss increased 3 months after the procedure

I want to know why in few years this prp treatment exploded everywhere in the world, cheap money or what? I still have to read a positive reviews with the same regrowth of a decent repsonder of propecia or minox

It's like the ozone therapy, i don't know if it works or not, i will never spend money on that, it's a coincidence no top surgery or researcher use them? I don't think so, maybe it can give you better hairs tho

Most of the people on this forum have said that PRP has done nothing for them or even accelerated their hair loss. Yet, scientific studies consistently show some small effect of PRP. What do you think explains this discrepancy? I'm genuinely curious.

I've been doing PRP since January 2015. Did four sessions, one month apart, overall. My last session in early april included ACell. I'm not taking fin / minox. Just doing oils and dermarolling, among other natural things. My regimen hasn't changed since January. The only thing I started doing differently since then was that I started blowdrying my hair. Not sure if the blowdrying is responsible, and it may still be too early to tell, but I feel I've slowly lost hair over the past few months. Definitely don't see any new hairs.

Quote Originally Posted by kantian View Post
    Most of the people on this forum have said that PRP has done nothing for them or even accelerated their hair loss. Yet, scientific studies consistently show some small effect of PRP. What do you think explains this discrepancy? I'm genuinely curious.
    Horrible methodology or outright lying

I put lasers and Nizoral in that list too. "Proven" treatments that lack any sort of anecdotal evidence

Quote Originally Posted by bigentries View Post
    Horrible methodology or outright lying

I put lasers and Nizoral in that list too. "Proven" treatments that lack any sort of anecdotal evidence
    Basically this.

Just basing off what I remember reading, Minox gives ~20% re-growth on average and many people say it doesn't work (some are probably legitimate non-responders). PRP in studies gives 10-15% if I remember correctly. This is a difference but not a huge difference and it won't always be noticeable. Also many studies are done after repeat treatments. You can't go into into it thinking a single treatment will have some miraculous results, so people's expectations are too high. And to top it off the price of it sets people's expectations too high.

If the money is surplus money, it's probably worth it. If you have to save for it, it's probably not worth it.

Lastly, if you search on clinicaltrials.gov there are several ongoing trials for PRP. It will be interesting to see the results. What I think is very promising is that PRP could provide long term maintenance. There will probably never be a study done on that though.

Justinian, after how long did you start noticing results with PRP? I started my first treatment January 2, 2015. Since then, I've had 3 more treatments, so four in total. So right now, I'm at the 3.5 month mark.