+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Default Our fixation to fit in

Why canīt we accept the way we are?
    The media is constantly creating stereotypes how we should be, and the companies uses our desperation to fit in.

It makes me furious and sad to read to read stories, when baldness take over peoples lives, just because our society is so superficial.
    Do you want your love of your life to be based on appearance or charisma?

Quote Originally Posted by Herbaliser View Post
    Why canīt we accept the way we are?
    The media is constantly creating stereotypes how we should be, and the companies uses our desperation to fit in.

It makes me furious and sad to read to read stories, when baldness take over peoples lives, just because our society is so superficial.
    Do you want your love of your life to be based on appearance or charisma?
    Tried shaving, everybody told me I was ugly. Back to shitty NW3 - 4ish. Don't blame society. Blame shitty genetics/ bad luck.

That was my point like you described.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbaliser View Post
    That was my point like you described.
    Well humans love beautiful art, music, ballet, architecture... so why should the human face be any different? The only problem I have with this shit is that people don't know how much it can affect a person. But that's just ignorance, they wouldn't act like dicks with the non stop shitty jokes if they knew how much it can hurt a person.

Quote Originally Posted by dus View Post
    The only problem I have with this shit is that people don't know how much it can affect a person. But that's just ignorance, they wouldn't act like dicks with the non stop shitty jokes if they knew how much it can hurt a person.
    Have you been feeling differently about fat/gay/transgender/[insert oftenly mocked group here] people as well since you started balding? I'm asking because when I started to go bald, I suddenly got more respect/compassion for groups of people that are often made fun of because they are "different", "weird" or "ugly". It's almost like balding opened my eyes a little bit.

If humans were more spiritually evolved then this wouldn't be an issue, and yes the media has an agenda, that all of us here have succumbed to.

Quote Originally Posted by Illusion View Post
    Have you been feeling differently about fat/gay/transgender/[insert oftenly mocked group here] people as well since you started balding? I'm asking because when I started to go bald, I suddenly got more respect/compassion for groups of people that are often made fun of because they are "different", "weird" or "ugly". It's almost like balding opened my eyes a little bit.
    Yup, I can understand it. Except Fat people, I have ZERO sympathy for them unless it's due to a medical condition.

Quote Originally Posted by dus View Post
    Well humans love beautiful art, music, ballet, architecture... so why should the human face be any different? The only problem I have with this shit is that people don't know how much it can affect a person. But that's just ignorance, they wouldn't act like dicks with the non stop shitty jokes if they knew how much it can hurt a person.
    There is absolutely nothing wrong to beautify your appearance.
    My point was like you stated how it effects people, due to shallow morons and medias impact.

I Posted before how the media uses peoples desperation by marketing products, a so called doctor with his arms folded telling you that "there is still hope for you" to get your self confidence back.