+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I dont think anyone taking fin wants to take medication for hair loss for the rest of their lives. It is what is though. Use what exists or live with it. Not many other options and fin is one of the only things you can do right now

Quote Originally Posted by JD2725 View Post
    So even if I didn't use rogaine in my hair I was going to lose it anyway? I had no hair loss at the time but it does run on my dads side. My dad has a full head but my grandpa is bald and my 2 cousins are bald at 27 and 29. The good thing is my hair isn't shedding but it shed for 8 months and stopped out of nowhere. I wish nobody had to go through this, it really is terrible. I've already talked to a scalp pigmentation company and when I'm readt all I have to do is let them know. I don't want to be on any medication for hairloss.

To me it sounds like you suffer MPB, DHT has taken its cause........

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but your "before" pic shows clear signs of male pattern baldness. Temple recession, thinning, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by burtandernie View Post
    I dont think anyone taking fin wants to take medication for hair loss for the rest of their lives. It is what is though. Use what exists or live with it. Not many other options and fin is one of the only things you can do right now
    Yeah, I have had no real sides from Fin at all, but still, I'd prefer to not need it.
    But, I take it or I lose my hair. So, I take it. Though I do only take it at 1/4 strength(0.25mg) and only every other day. So about 1/8 the way it's normally prescribed, and it's completely stopped my hair loss, which nothing else did.

What I don't understand is he says that losing his hair is ruining his life, but he can't be bothered to take a pill. Hmmm?

I'd go get acupuncture in my balls if it would fix the thing that's ruining my life.

Quote Originally Posted by burtandernie View Post
    Exactly. Who in their right mind would want to take any medication for the rest of their lives? It came down to two choices take finasteride and fight hair loss or go bald. I choose to fight.

I don't want to take a medication that could possibly make my life worse. Trust me after what minox has done to me, I've been researching hairloss everyday and propecia or fin is dangerous if you want to have a sex life. I'm only 23. Yes this has put me through a depression stage but I'd rather it not be any worse. I really wish it was TE. I've been so stressed out and depressed these past 2 years from my grandmother passing away and my girlfriend of 7 years leaving me for another guy. Im sure its mpb, so I have to live with it.

Quote Originally Posted by DeuceWillis View Post
    I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but your "before" pic shows clear signs of male pattern baldness. Temple recession, thinning, etc.
    This picture was right before I mistakenly used minoxidil. Your gonna tell me I was already balding?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140502_210837.jpg

Size:	49.1 KB
ID:	38638  

A medicine to treat high blood pressure, and the best part is you can buy it over the counter.