+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thumbs up Another Progress thread! Yeah!

Hello everyone! I've been scouting the forums for a while, and I figured i'd make a post on my progress thus far.

I'll save you all the sob story. I am balding at a young age and I figured I should do something about it. I like how I look, just wish I had more hair

This is where I am now (from completely shaved), after 1 month on finasteride, min, biotin, multivit, and regenepure shampoo.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG00557.jpg

Size:	89.3 KB
ID:	38622Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG00555.jpg

Size:	93.4 KB
ID:	38623Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG00556.jpg

Size:	89.3 KB
ID:	38624

I wish I had a better camera.. because I would love to show you all the tiny hairs that are growing around the hairline (they are too light to pick up). I hope it fills in more

I'll be getting a hair transplant (3500-4000 grafts) in 2-6 months (life depending) mainly to the crown and thinning areas / 1-1.5 cm bulk on the sides of the hairline. I've naturally had a "high" hairline, and I like the look of it vs. a perfectly straight line across, etc.

Now for the killer: THE SIDE EFFECTS! Oh god.

1. Min - just a tad itchy sometimes.
    2. Fin - Small "volume" decrease (you all know what I'm talking about).
    3. I'm happy. (What the **** is this guy talking about?)
    -Yeah thats right - I'm happy. My hairline sucks, but I just feel better and less worried about it now.

Still able to use my dick, hasn't turned into an ornament. I don't have large womanly breasts or raisin-ball syndrome. Etc. Etc.

More posts to follow!

Please keep us posted. Good luck.

(One week later) Lets turn the flash on, shall we?

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG00601.jpg

Size:	96.0 KB
ID:	38747

Well shit, look at all those little buggers.

A small update, because I've been bored.

Decided to give RU and a 1.5mm dermaroller a try. Its not all too expensive in general, and seeing a little progress really made me anxious for more. Yes, its only been a month (and a half) but I just want to cover my bases.

When i get it, this will be my regiment:

1. Finastride (1.25mg) - Lower overall DHT - Just to keep a baseline since RU application isn't always perfect.
    2. RU (4 weeks 100mg/day, then 50mg a day) - Remove DHT interaction with hair follicles.
    - Mixed into min solution. applied in correct dosages
    3. Min***** (I still cant spell it, 5%, 2x day) - Growth! Yeah!
    4. Dermaroller (1.5mm)- blood / growth?
    -Still skeptical as hell on this, but it cant hurt (lol, if you've tried it you get it). Deliberately delivering small injury to trick the body into flooding it with nutrients and all the good stuff. From my understanding, dermarolling increases blood flow and growth by increasing the amount of "healing things" that get transported to the scalp by wounding it horrifically. Science, i know.
    5. Biotin (10 mg / day- I don't even know, can someone enlighten me?
    6. Multivitamin - Just giving my body what it needs. (optimum nutrition, opti-men brand)
    7. Exercise (4-5x a week) - Even if your hair loss is controlled, just do it. You'll feel better.

My experience at this point:

6 weeks in, I hate it, I really ****ing hate it. I've got all these little hairs and it just seems that ill make so much progress given due time, but its almost summer! My total expenses for 6 months of everything is probably about 400$, (including all the RU and other random supplies I ordered). Thats not too bad to me... I'm pretty sure I wont lose any more hair. So that's a plus.

Anything weird?:

Yes. Hair. And not just on my head - Thicker beard growth, and I have darker hairs forming under my eyes now / on my eyebrows, which isnt a big deal, just gotta clean em up.

This is like watching paint dry-

Cheers,

Nos.

Quote Originally Posted by Nos View Post

5. Biotin (10 mg / day- I don't even know, can someone enlighten me?

Cheers,

Nos.
    Biotin acts as a catalyst for hair growth and is required for the production of amino acids — amino acid is a key to hair growth. It’s the one vitamin in the body that acts on protein that is consumed to break it down into smaller chains of protein. Getting the proper nutrition is crucial to proper hair growth to allow the conversion of protein into hair shafts. Biotin helps with this, and is necessary for metabolism of fats, cell growth and amino acids. In short, it helps your body feed your hair.

Jaclyn.

How often will you be dermarolling? Once a week, once a day, once every 3 days etc?

I wish you all the best in getting hair regrowth.

Once a week- starting this Sunday, per (http://www.ijtrichology.com/article....;aulast=Dhurat)

Seems like most results are based on patient response. It just doesn't work for some, but it cant hurt to try.

The only annoying part is that I wont be able to tell which is exactly causing regrowth, but I'm a firm believer in tackling a problem from all sides.

Quote Originally Posted by Nos View Post
    The only annoying part is that I wont be able to tell which is exactly causing regrowth, but I'm a firm believer in tackling a problem from all sides.
    That is very much true. I would also suggest that you try to stick with the regime you posted at least for 1 year, and be prepared psychologically for set backs as well as improvements. Sometimes you need to go 2 steps backwards in order to go 1 step forwards, and this mantra very much applies in successfully achieving hair regrowth.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by epipapilla View Post
    That is very much true. I would also suggest that you try to stick with the regime you posted at least for 1 year, and be prepared psychologically for set backs as well as improvements. Sometimes you need to go 2 steps backwards in order to go 1 step forwards, and this mantra very much applies in successfully achieving hair regrowth.

Good luck!
    Thanks. And the RU is already ordered... and has a shelf life, so I gotta do it now. :P

Dermaroller came in... Tried it for kicks... Probably the most painful thing I've ever inflicted on myself. How the hell do you all do it?