Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nos
    • Mar 2015

Another Progress thread! Yeah!

Hello everyone! I've been scouting the forums for a while, and I figured i'd make a post on my progress thus far.

I'll save you all the sob story. I am balding at a young age and I figured I should do something about it. I like how I look, just wish I had more hair

This is where I am now (from completely shaved), after 1 month on finasteride, min, biotin, multivit, and regenepure shampoo.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG00557.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	89.3 KB
ID:	471078Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG00555.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	93.4 KB
ID:	471079Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG00556.jpg
Size:	89.3 KB
ID:	471080

I wish I had a better camera.. because I would love to show you all the tiny hairs that are growing around the hairline (they are too light to pick up). I hope it fills in more

I'll be getting a hair transplant (3500-4000 grafts) in 2-6 months (life depending) mainly to the crown and thinning areas / 1-1.5 cm bulk on the sides of the hairline. I've naturally had a "high" hairline, and I like the look of it vs. a perfectly straight line across, etc.

Now for the killer: THE SIDE EFFECTS! Oh god.

1. Min - just a tad itchy sometimes.
    2. Fin - Small "volume" decrease (you all know what I'm talking about).
    3. I'm happy. (What the **** is this guy talking about?)
    -Yeah thats right - I'm happy. My hairline sucks, but I just feel better and less worried about it now.

Still able to use my dick, hasn't turned into an ornament. I don't have large womanly breasts or raisin-ball syndrome. Etc. Etc.

More posts to follow!
  • vineyard
    • Mar 2015

Please keep us posted. Good luck.

Comment

• Nos
      • Mar 2015

(One week later) Lets turn the flash on, shall we?

Name:	IMAG00601.jpg
Size:	96.0 KB
ID:	439462

Well shit, look at all those little buggers.

Comment

• Nos
        • Mar 2015

A small update, because I've been bored.

Decided to give RU and a 1.5mm dermaroller a try. Its not all too expensive in general, and seeing a little progress really made me anxious for more. Yes, its only been a month (and a half) but I just want to cover my bases.

When i get it, this will be my regiment:

1. Finastride (1.25mg) - Lower overall DHT - Just to keep a baseline since RU application isn't always perfect.
        2. RU (4 weeks 100mg/day, then 50mg a day) - Remove DHT interaction with hair follicles.
        - Mixed into min solution. applied in correct dosages
        3. Min***** (I still cant spell it, 5%, 2x day) - Growth! Yeah!
        4. Dermaroller (1.5mm)- blood / growth?
        -Still skeptical as hell on this, but it cant hurt (lol, if you've tried it you get it). Deliberately delivering small injury to trick the body into flooding it with nutrients and all the good stuff. From my understanding, dermarolling increases blood flow and growth by increasing the amount of "healing things" that get transported to the scalp by wounding it horrifically. Science, i know.
        5. Biotin (10 mg / day- I don't even know, can someone enlighten me?
        6. Multivitamin - Just giving my body what it needs. (optimum nutrition, opti-men brand)
        7. Exercise (4-5x a week) - Even if your hair loss is controlled, just do it. You'll feel better.

My experience at this point:

6 weeks in, I hate it, I really ****ing hate it. I've got all these little hairs and it just seems that ill make so much progress given due time, but its almost summer! My total expenses for 6 months of everything is probably about 400$, (including all the RU and other random supplies I ordered). Thats not too bad to me... I'm pretty sure I wont lose any more hair. So that's a plus.

Anything weird?:

Yes. Hair. And not just on my head - Thicker beard growth, and I have darker hairs forming under my eyes now / on my eyebrows, which isnt a big deal, just gotta clean em up.

This is like watching paint dry-

Cheers,

Nos.

Comment

• Jaclyn
          • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Nos

5. Biotin (10 mg / day- I don't even know, can someone enlighten me?

Cheers,

Nos.
          Biotin acts as a catalyst for hair growth and is required for the production of amino acids — amino acid is a key to hair growth. It’s the one vitamin in the body that acts on protein that is consumed to break it down into smaller chains of protein. Getting the proper nutrition is crucial to proper hair growth to allow the conversion of protein into hair shafts. Biotin helps with this, and is necessary for metabolism of fats, cell growth and amino acids. In short, it helps your body feed your hair.

Jaclyn.

Comment

• epipapilla
            • Mar 2015

How often will you be dermarolling? Once a week, once a day, once every 3 days etc?

I wish you all the best in getting hair regrowth.

Comment

• Nos
              • Mar 2015

Once a week- starting this Sunday, per (http://www.ijtrichology.com/article....;aulast=Dhurat)

Seems like most results are based on patient response. It just doesn't work for some, but it cant hurt to try.

The only annoying part is that I wont be able to tell which is exactly causing regrowth, but I'm a firm believer in tackling a problem from all sides.

Comment

• epipapilla
                • Mar 2015

Originally posted by Nos
                The only annoying part is that I wont be able to tell which is exactly causing regrowth, but I'm a firm believer in tackling a problem from all sides.
                That is very much true. I would also suggest that you try to stick with the regime you posted at least for 1 year, and be prepared psychologically for set backs as well as improvements. Sometimes you need to go 2 steps backwards in order to go 1 step forwards, and this mantra very much applies in successfully achieving hair regrowth.

Good luck!

Comment

• Nos
                  • Mar 2015

Originally posted by epipapilla
                  That is very much true. I would also suggest that you try to stick with the regime you posted at least for 1 year, and be prepared psychologically for set backs as well as improvements. Sometimes you need to go 2 steps backwards in order to go 1 step forwards, and this mantra very much applies in successfully achieving hair regrowth.

Good luck!
                  Thanks. And the RU is already ordered... and has a shelf life, so I gotta do it now. :P

Comment

• Nos
                    • Mar 2015

Dermaroller came in... Tried it for kicks... Probably the most painful thing I've ever inflicted on myself. How the hell do you all do it?

Comment

• epipapilla
                      • Mar 2015

Originally posted by Nos
                      Dermaroller came in... Tried it for kicks... Probably the most painful thing I've ever inflicted on myself. How the hell do you all do it?
                      The first time you use a derma roller, it will be uncomfortable, but as you use it more you will get more used to it.

Watch this to have a guide:

Comment

• Nos
                        • Mar 2015

Hello again! I'm a tad more than 3 months in (with pics to post soon) and really I'm astounded... Temple regrowth is slow but my crown has improved enough that I've gotten people tell me that my old bald spot is almost unnoticeable. All in all- I've made some serious progress that I'm hoping to post when I have access to a computer again

Comment

• Nos
                          • Mar 2015

Also- still no sides.

But! I added one simple thing to my regiment- a bristled brush. What I notices is that this helped exfoliate the scalp and help me judge how much I was actually shedding.

I've been shedding about 10x non terminal hairs per brushing (2x a day) when I added RU, I had large enough sheds that I was worried all of my hair was going to fall out, along with itching and uuugh- it did not make me feel good. I'm about 1.5 mo in on 100mg RU / day.

At this point its interesting, I will still get a HT, but I cut my target by about 1.5k grafts, and am mostly focusing on the hairline now. I've actually been asked to give my regiment to friends and family due to the sucesses I've seen at the back end of the crown.

In general- I cut out creatine / androgenics and contined to excersize and eat well with this current regiment since month 1.

Comment

• Nos
                            • Mar 2015

Ok! So here they are! (Taken on 5/22)

My official start date was March 15th (I think, lol) So I'm about 3 months in in total

Sooo these are 2? months in then? Yeah sure.

Name:	IMAG01023.jpg
Size:	91.6 KB
ID:	439581Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG01026.jpg
Size:	78.6 KB
ID:	439582Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG01029.jpg
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	439583

This was taken just now- compared against what i was originally

Name:	IMAG01146.jpg
Size:	94.4 KB
ID:	439584Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG00555.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	93.4 KB
ID:	439585

This picture was taken with flash on and in intense light, vs the original which is just ambient light.

I've had a few people question me already wondering where my bald spot went... Huge confidence boost. Looking forward to months 3-6.

Comment

• Not giving up
                              • Jun 2015

Good stuff buddy! Keep up the good work!

Comment

Working...