+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

yeah i think people shouldnt disregard information on side effects and other peoples experiences just because it makes them feel uncomfortable. The information is there. Take it in, take your chances.

I dont know about any long-term studies monitoring those particular side effects like rashes and aging. I felt like i was aging crazy after 2 weeks on finasteride, and there are a lot of reports about it on propeciahelp. I freaked out, calmed down now, i think it was in my head for a part but it definitly doing something about me aging around my eyes, but like you said if might be the minox and not the fin? i dont know.. i think i might start applying minox liquid 5% 1 time daily instead of 2. also using this fattening creme for my face untill i visit the derm next week hopefully. i think an oily creme might be better, because fin took the oiliness away, what do you think?

i´m quite sure that there is no interest for the companies, to recherche that much further.
    This is gold for the companies because it´s a never ending cycle to keep the hair, and as soon you stop your hair will fall.
    They are triggering people´s self confidence for beneficial reasons, a so called doctor in the front with his arms folded and a couple of smiling nurses in the back ground on the sites telling there is still hope for you.

You can absolutely try to lower the consumption to once per day instead.
    My earlier post regarding the dexem cream helped me big time to recover, instead of all the expensive creams.
    Maybe you can try Emu-oil on your skin as it absorbs quickly. http://www.justemuoil.com/benefits-of-emu-oil-on-face/
    I´f you try it remember to use a 100% pure one.

Soon i´m going to post my experimental treatment, as i took pictures 4 days ago as a reference to show how my progress with snake oil.

yeah its not like the companies give a shit which i think is weird because if they refined their product to a point where it might work, they would sell even more right? But Finasteride is probably a doom drug with no real option for improvement.

Yeah i think im going to switch my regimen to 1 time liquid minoxidil 5% daily, and Finasteride 0.25 daily.

Really need this ****ing shedding to stop. Losing 5-8 hairs everytime i touch my hair, saw some perfectly healthy hairs in there now too which i havent been seeing before. If i go on like this i will be incredibly bad in about 2 weeks.

ill talk to my derm (who doesnt know shit about Finasteride) about the oil. Cant really handle any further high costs actually, im paying a crazy amount of money for Minoxidil already here in Europe. And the Finasteride is really expensive too, altough i can last 4x longer with it now that im on 0.25mg. Hope the necessary oil wont be too expensive too..

This balding shit really wears me out mentally you know.
    Hope the snake oil works Herbaliser ill be checking for it!

The oil heals the skin. (highly recommended)
    The cost is about 8 pounds for 50 ml, and you only use about half a tsp (even less) for your whole face or scalp for that matter.

I´m going to show my result already inside 1 1/2 week, since i have a really rapid growth.
    I explained in another thread that i´m not a tree hugging guru that misleads people, because this is a alternative method for those with side effects or simply wants to skip the medical treatment.

Are you talking about the snake oil or the emu oil?
    im guessing the snake oil, thats good to hear. looking forward to seeing the pic's.
    im guessing your from Sweden? Where do you get the snake oil? Online or at a store?

Quote Originally Posted by Herbaliser View Post
    Remember that it´s drugs we are talking about.
    I´m not surprised about the lack of interest to talk about side effects, and it´s because a lot of users tell themselves that it´s only in my mind and not the drugs itself.
    The reason for this is hair loss and the frightening thought to loose it, therefore the blockage and trying to find other reasons.
    Many in this forum tells people not to listen to the horror stories, and instead to go with the big 3 without questions.
    Wouldn't it be better to find out the reason for the hair loss first and go from there?
    The horror stories are true (just google it) about the side effects, but swept under the carpet due to as mentioned above and the industry itself.
    I stopped using 5% minox because of the itches and rashes, that spread from my head and down.
    I woke up one morning after 3 months of minox usage looking 20 years older and stopped directly.

Of course it varies from people regarding side effects, and people have to decide them self if it´s worth the risk.
    Is there any long term studies made about using Fin, Minox etc.. or did they just approve these drugs by the content itself?

Not many people are willing to discuss side effects because there have already been 1000's of threads about this. The reason for hair loss is in most cases (99% or something?) MPB. If you're not sure about what your hair loss exactly is (MPB/TE/AA/...), then a visit to your dermatologist will clear things up rather quickly.

People tell others not to listen to the horror stories because the percentage of men that get them is absurdly small. There are millions of men on finasteride. There's a small percentage of those men that get side effects and THEN there's a very small percentage of the men that get sides which last a long time (1 year +). The internet brings things out of proportion and is not good evidence at all for saying finasteride is dangerous etc. People who don't experience sides on fin aren't very likely to spend their time on a forum, however people who do get bad sides on fin are more likely to spread the word that 'fin would be bad for you and that it will fck your life up'.

Finally, yes there are long term studies about 5a-reductase inhibition (for sure) and most likely about minoxidil too, as minoxidil has been around for a long, long time. I'm too lazy to look them up but if you're really interested in them, they're pretty easy to find.

Quote Originally Posted by notthatguy View Post
    Are you talking about the snake oil or the emu oil?
    im guessing the snake oil, thats good to hear. looking forward to seeing the pic's.
    im guessing your from Sweden? Where do you get the snake oil? Online or at a store?
    My treatment for the hair is: 1tsp of emu oil, castor oil, jojoba oil, and olive oil. 2 tsp of coconut milk and oil, 3 tsp pure castile soap.
    Put in one bag of green tea and mix it.
    I leave it in for about 15-20 minute and just rinse it of with water. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfLkf5hn9aM I skip the lavender oil.
    It seems like a lot of ingredients, but once you have them it goes fast.
    Since i juice a lot of greens, i read about how important the oral intake is for the hair.

I use a routine of drinking 2 tsp of chlorella powder (read about it) in water, and green juice witch you also can find in powder form.
    And yeas i´m from Sweden.

Quote Originally Posted by Illusion View Post
    Not many people are willing to discuss side effects because there have already been 1000's of threads about this. The reason for hair loss is in most cases (99% or something?) MPB. If you're not sure about what your hair loss exactly is (MPB/TE/AA/...), then a visit to your dermatologist will clear things up rather quickly.

People tell others not to listen to the horror stories because the percentage of men that get them is absurdly small. There are millions of men on finasteride. There's a small percentage of those men that get side effects and THEN there's a very small percentage of the men that get sides which last a long time (1 year +). The internet brings things out of proportion and is not good evidence at all for saying finasteride is dangerous etc. People who don't experience sides on fin aren't very likely to spend their time on a forum, however people who do get bad sides on fin are more likely to spread the word that 'fin would be bad for you and that it will fck your life up'.

Finally, yes there are long term studies about 5a-reductase inhibition (for sure) and most likely about minoxidil too, as minoxidil has been around for a long, long time. I'm too lazy to look them up but if you're really interested in them, they're pretty easy to find.
    Ok thank you for clarifying.
    Just that Propecia was from the beginning to treat enlarged prostate, and it was accidental that they saw hair growth.
    They lowered the active ingredient, and started to market it for hair loss treatment.
    Claims are that they didn't do enough studies before releasing it, and that the minimal amount of side effects claimed is not the reality.

More studies are in progress, and the warning label expands continuously.
    There is always going to be two sides what is true or not.
    Like you said it´s highly more recommended, to find out the root cause first and go from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbaliser View Post
    Ok thank you for clarifying.
    Just that Propecia was from the beginning to treat enlarged prostate, and it was accidental that they saw hair growth.
    They lowered the active ingredient, and started to market it for hair loss treatment.
    Claims are that they didn't do enough studies before releasing it, and that the minimal amount of side effects claimed is not the reality.

More studies are in progress, and the warning label expands continuously.
    There is always going to be two sides what is true or not.
    Like you said it´s highly more recommended, to find out the root cause first and go from there.

You do make a fair point, I'll give you that. However, and I'm going to be honest with you and tell you I'm not 100% sure about this: in the 1970's groups of boys were discovered in the Dominican Republic and in Papua New Guinea who had 5 alpha-reductase deficiency. So they had none or very little of the kind of enzyme (5a-reductase) that finasteride blocks. There have been studies done and I believe that, although the children had a weird development (for example, their penis didn't start to develop at all until they were in their puberty), they were healthy individuals. I swear i have read somewhere that this led to believe that long term 5a-reductase deficiency didn't bring any dangers for your overall health

So I'm not really sure about whether we can conduct of this that long term 5a-reductase inhibition is safe, so make of this what you want. The story about the pseudohermaphrodites is real though. If you want to read about those pseudohermaphrodites, here are a few links to some studies:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1831738
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8626825
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3489839