+ Reply to Thread

Default My Children Are Destroyed For Lack of Knowledge

I'm 29, and started losing my hair perhaps as long as 5-6 years ago. But it became much more pronounced(as in dozens coming out every day) about 3 years ago. I spent the first year hoping it would get better on its own(because I didn't want to take prescription treatment that actually works). I spent the next year wasting time trying "natural"(see magical unicorn) fixes.

Finally, I went on Propecia last year. I lost well over half of my total hair because I didn't understand the science behind hair loss, and I stupidly thought you could regrow hair, so I thought it was ok to lose some, while I experimented with magical unicorn dust.

I find that common knowledge about hair loss, is nearly as untrue as common knowledge about weight loss. %95 of people are misinformed and it's hard to hear the voice of reason over the screaming retards. The saddest part is, I was even specifically warned about everything I now know, but I was persuaded away by soothsayers warning me about how Propecia would make my dick fall off and turn me into a werewolf.
    I take it and lo and behold, nothing except a halt to hair loss. I never should have done anything other than going with the scientifically proven treatments. Listening to the anti-propecia fearmongers is pretty much exactly why I have 1/3 the hair I should have. Thanks guys!

Thankfully, I had a ton of hair to start with, so even after losing 2/3 of my hair, I'm still a IIa/III. It's not too bad, if I can continue to hold the line.

I'll never do a transplant. If it ever gets too bad, I'll just dye my hair black and get a tattoo. I don't think I'll ever lose all of my hair(even without treatment) as no man in my family is worse than an NW5, even at 80+.

Nice story .

You were trying to use natural remedies or something that caused your hair to fall out and it never came back? I tried one and I saw my hair shedding all over so I stopped it right away.

You really can't regrow hair? I thought propecia gave you a little bit more hair around your hairline and thickened it up some.

Thanks for this post. We need more posts like this to encourage other hair loss sufferers to start real, proven treatments as well instead of going all natural with oils, vitamins and stuff like that. Not that I love taking propecia so much or that I think it's 100% safe but just because if you want to treat hair loss, finasteride is definitely the starting point of every male.

Quote Originally Posted by WanderingOracle View Post
    I find that common knowledge about hair loss, is nearly as untrue as common knowledge about weight loss.
    Just out of curiosity, what common knowledge are you referring to when talking about weight loss?

Quote Originally Posted by WanderingOracle View Post
    I find that common knowledge about hair loss, is nearly as untrue as common knowledge about weight loss. %95 of people are misinformed and it's hard to hear the voice of reason over the screaming retards. The saddest part is, I was even specifically warned about everything I now know, but I was persuaded away by soothsayers warning me about how Propecia would make my dick fall off and turn me into a werewolf.
    I take it and lo and behold, nothing except a halt to hair loss. I never should have done anything other than going with the scientifically proven treatments. Listening to the anti-propecia fearmongers is pretty much exactly why I have 1/3 the hair I should have. Thanks guys!
    Misinformation cost me as well. Sad thing is that the BS is only getting worse. Before we only had the anti propecia guys to deal with. Now they have passed the torch to guys that have never even taken the drug and just spew the same garbage they have read on the internet.

I agree guys. It is always hard to start the treatment with finasteride because of all those myths that surround this drug. Those guys who supply that negative information, only deprive the chances of others to treat their hair loss in a proper and effective manner.