+ Reply to Thread

Default 26 y/o temple recession

Hey guys,

Just like you I'm obsessed with the state of my hairline. It's always been high and the recession has been slow and gradual so I haven't really worried too much, until now. Lately I've been noticing more and more hair coming out in the shower. I'm never satisfied with how it looks. My hair is fine and kind of long, I'm thinking of cutting it short. I'm not ready for the saved head look yet so I'm hoping I can find a hairstyle that works.

I went on fin a couple weeks ago and noticed some side effects. Loss of erection thickness, mostly. It went away after I stopped and everything went back to normal. I'm wondering if anyone has any others suggestion? What NW would say I am? There's no thinning on the crown, just hairline. Any chance this is a mature hairline and the recession will stop?

Thanks for your support!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6692.jpg

Size:	86.9 KB
ID:	38595   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6694.jpg

Size:	83.3 KB
ID:	38596   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6700.jpg

Size:	71.8 KB
ID:	38597   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6695.jpg

Size:	76.9 KB
ID:	38598  

Looks like a NW3 & thinning at the front, Your very similar to mine dude

Just keep taking your Fin and see what happens, if you dont get any regrowth after 12 months maybe try add Minox in too!

Cut it short on the sides and leave some length on the top, no need to buzz yet I dont think

Generally people shift to Dutasteride if finasteride is not working for them or if they have developed a resistance to Fin. But in your case, this is not suitable choice as you may develop higher side effects with Dutasteride as it more potent than fin. Have you tried Minox? You can start with 5% Minoxidil and 1% Nizoral shampoo. There are few shampoos available too like Revivogen which is supposed to rid the scalp of DHT. But I am not very sure about its action. Did you get positive results with Fin before quitting it? I am asking just to know because I read that with these medicines, hair coverage tends to improve on the top of the head but not on the forehead area. Still, every individual can vary. The fact is, treatment with medicines may slow hair loss and help to regrow hair. But you may not get as much hair growth as you expect.

Sides from Finasteride are psychological, I believe.

I'm on Finasteride and Dutasteride with no side effects. Hop back on Fin man. And use 5% Minoxidil Foam on your hairline. H

How is your crown looking?

Yeah I think a lot of factors play into the experience of side effects. I'm back on fin but I think I'm gonna adjust the dose to find a balance that works. I did experience regrowth when I was on it. But then I stopped and went through kind of a stressful period of being sick and hair started falling out again. So now I'm striving for consistency!

There's zero thinning on the crown as far as I can tell. But when I massage my scalp I feel like down the line it will start to thin. So hopefully I caught it in time.

I don't know man...if you use the fin, you'll slow the hair loss but you won't have a good boner. So any sex you regain won't be as good. If you drop the fin you'll keep losing hair and keep your boner, but you won't be able to use it because you don't have hair. It's a catch 22. Flip a coin.

Quote Originally Posted by Age30 NW3 View Post
    I don't know man...if you use the fin, you'll slow the hair loss but you won't have a good boner. So any sex you regain won't be as good. If you drop the fin you'll keep losing hair and keep your boner, but you won't be able to use it because you don't have hair. It's a catch 22. Flip a coin.
    Not true at all have taken fin and dut and boners are better than ever

Sorry to say, but it looks like NW 3. You can cut your hair shorter, however I don't think that it is time to buzz it, as you still have plenty of hair.

Side effects is the most common reason why do men refuse to take fin, however I'd like to tell that most commonly sides disappear with some time (1-2 months). You can try finasteride again (possibly a lower dose) and if the sides will occur and last longer than 3 months, stop the treatment. As you already know, after you stop the treatment, all the possible side effects just go away.