+ Reply to Thread

Default evolis ONE - can this be true?

looks snake oil to me. They just come out of no where with some random herb juice and a sketchy "research paper" from a Japanese journal and the link don't work anymore. They don't even bother to post some "results photos", unlike a European herb product came out like 3 years ago, which used onion juice if I remember correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by joachim View Post
    This is identical to the patent by christiano... interesting they these trial results are released the same time the patent goes public....

The science if legit enough that christiano bothered to file a patent... but university research gets free patent work from local law schools, so it's not as significant a sign as a private company paying top dollar to have a patent drafted and filed.

Quote Originally Posted by liba View Post
    looks snake oil to me. They just come out of no where with some random herb juice and a sketchy "research paper" from a Japanese journal and the link don't work anymore. They don't even bother to post some "results photos", unlike a European herb product came out like 3 years ago, which used onion juice if I remember correctly.
    Inhibition of FGF-5 isn't based on herb juice.

Quote Originally Posted by liba View Post
    where does it say the fgf5 inhibitor was an herb?

They didn't use a tricho-scan which is gold standard.... the hair pluck test is... useless

Quote Originally Posted by NeedHairASAP View Post
    This is identical to the patent by christiano... interesting they these trial results are released the same time the patent goes public....

The science if legit enough that christiano bothered to file a patent... but university research gets free patent work from local law schools, so it's not as significant a sign as a private company paying top dollar to have a patent drafted and filed.
    I think Christiano's patent is actually on FGF13, if we are talking about the same one...

Quote Originally Posted by NeedHairASAP View Post
    where does it say the fgf5 inhibitor was an herb?

They didn't use a tricho-scan which is gold standard.... the hair pluck test is... useless
    http://www.evolisproducts.com.au/evo...evolis-for-men
    click the ingredient tab.

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    Inhibition of FGF-5 isn't based on herb juice.
    Well, it is in Evolis ONE formula!

Anyway, the company behind this product has been previously sanctioned for false advertising, which you can read here:

http://www.tgacrp.com.au/index.cfm?p...mplaintID=2165

Quote Originally Posted by epipapilla View Post
    Well, it is in Evolis ONE formula!

Anyway, the company behind this product has been previously sanctioned for false advertising, which you can read here:

http://www.tgacrp.com.au/index.cfm?p...mplaintID=2165
    good find.
    the product is scam.
    hair pluck test to measure regrowth? never heard of it.

but does anybody know if fgf5 really has to be inhibited to create a positive effect on hair growth? noisette, any studies on that? (also in combination with fgf13)

and if so, are there any known compounds which could inhibit the fgf5?
    it sounds to me that it could be a nice ingredient for follicept, of course also in very low doses.

Quote Originally Posted by joachim View Post
    but does anybody know if fgf5 really has to be inhibited to create a positive effect on hair growth? noisette, any studies on that? (also in combination with fgf13)

and if so, are there any known compounds which could inhibit the fgf5?
    it sounds to me that it could be a nice ingredient for follicept, of course also in very low doses.
    Hello Bro,

I have a good study about Adenosine that stimulates growth of dermal papilla and lengthens the anagen phase. Study published on 2012. This is a good compound for me...

" We also confirmed that adenosine promoted the expression of several growth factors that are responsible for hair growth, including fibroblast growth factors (FGF)-7, FGF-2, insulin-like growth factor (IGF)-1, and vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) in a cDNA microarray with semi-quantitative RT-PCR. "

Conclusion : " these results suggest that adenosine stimulates growth of hair follicles by triggering the expression of growth factors and β-catenin, and by inducing their downstream target signaling pathways. "

Source : http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22020741

For FG5 i found this patent... http://www.google.com/patents/US7485618
    And this compound could helped ? http://www.abcam.com/fgf5-peptide-ab106210.html

" The present invention provides peptides and supported peptides that bind FGF-5. In particularly preferred embodiments, the present invention provides cosmetic and/or pharmaceutical compounds for modulating hair growth. The present invention further provides peptides that block binding of FGF wherein the peptide is expressed in a protease-resistant scaffold. In some preferred embodiments, the scaffold is a protease inhibitor, such as BBI, STI or Eglin chymotrypsin inhibitor. "

" The present invention also provides methods for decreasing the activity of a fibroblast growth factor comprising the steps of: i) providing a subject; and ii) administering a composition comprising at least one peptide that binds FGF to the subject, under conditions such that the activity of the fibroblast growth factor is decreased. In some embodiments, the fibroblast growth factor is FGF-5. "